Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th May 2020, 17:06   #11
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Help me- is it something proposed or going to happen? This is a genuine question people Thanks Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 18:39   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Help me- is it something proposed or going to happen? This is a genuine question people Thanks Chris.S.
I would like to think something like this will never happen, not ever, but who knows......it doesn't really bear thinking about.

Technology can be used for good, but this is patently a bad use of tech.

I've scratched the surface of the people behind this crackpot scheme, and they are wrapped up in at least fifteen shell companies.........who knows what sort of nightmares we would be served up with if this type of project were rolled out

To be fair it probably won't amount to anything, but can anyone remember the ID card scheme you have to ask yourself the question

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 18:55   #13
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

May I point out a number of flaws, in any system like this:
1 It pre-supposes we all carry switched on charged up mobile phones. (I don't)
2 I think you have to have Bluetooth on which discharges batteries quicker
3 Surprised if more than 50% download the app
4 The app is faulty
5 Testing is far from 100% reliable
6 We've had HIV/AIDS for more than 30 years with no vaccine in sight. I've read that even a new vaccine for Covid is unlikely to be more than 50% effective.
My conclusion? We've just got to get on with life and take precautions. It ain't gonna go away. Ever.

Last edited by MissMoppet; 28th May 2020 at 19:00..
MissMoppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 19:21   #14
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I couldn't download an App - so that's good thanks everybody and I don't have an iPhone or whatever. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 19:33   #15
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
See what you make of this idea
Somewhat similar here, exploiting the 5G radiation thing. Get yours quick, 'cos Trading Standards are closing in as we speak. Prices quoted exclude VAT.

5GBioshield: https://5gbioshield.com/?__cf_chl_js...INcHNTk4DfAj-E

BBC News update: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 28th May 2020 at 19:36..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 20:16   #16
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The ancient Eastern art of Catchee Monkey with Sci Fi cobblers. The old theory of reducing the importance of over-confident pretenders and ingenu by diminishing their self belief so a replacement ideology could be implanted with least resistance.

Sample:
Master to student: Put your hand in this pail of water. See the space it occupies. Now take your hand out. There is no trace of you ever doing it. That's how important you are to most other people. But the water remembers. I will teach you the ways of living water.

In short, there ain't nothing new. It's like the covered wagon salesman travelling the 18/19th century US plains with his little bottles of magic elixir that cured the pox, ingrown toenails and everything from alopecia to impotence.
Old 28th May 2020, 20:27   #17
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Lucky me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Eric Blair will be turning in his grave..
In the 1980's I stood in the rooms he used here in Wigan, they were due for demolition back then and the view was terrible. I knew of the connection to him and there was a sense of history being destroyed, I've always thought that I once stood in the shadows of greatness in those rooms.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 20:31   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Somewhat similar here, exploiting the 5G radiation thing. Get yours quick, 'cos Trading Standards are closing in as we speak. Prices quoted exclude VAT.

5GBioshield: https://5gbioshield.com/?__cf_chl_js...INcHNTk4DfAj-E

BBC News update: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220

TC
The thing is TC, I'm not convinced that an obvious scam such as you link to can be compared to something covered as a serious feature in the Financial Times, a link HERE

Just as an example of how the skewed vision of the future can be seen through the eyes of the brainwashed, I've picked out a single comment from a reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry FT reader
It never ceases to amaze how some will read one article, "Start-ups race to develop Covid-19 immunity passports" and equate technology with every possible violation and injustice. It would help if these readers had an appreciation of the severity of COVID-19. If their misplaced arguments are indicators, then we can say they have little regard for the healthcare workers who treated COVID-19 patients, who watched them breathe their last breath. They have no compassion for the families who lost loved ones. They are politically misguided and selfish. Please, reassure the rest of the planet, that you (who oppose every effort to mitigate a second wave of COVID-19) have no expectations of medical intervention...in future. If you do, then your callousness and inhumanity is the sum of petulant griping. Social behaviours and demonstrable care make a difference. Social responsibility is not a buzz-phrase.
And a reply in what was quite a lively debate.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another angry FT reader
One cannot exercise "responsibility" without having FREE CHOICE. Otherwise, what you are saying is actually recommending force, coercion, violence, locking people up, etc based off a government fiat. It we want to talk about social responsibility, the only social responsibility we have under the Social contract is to uphold the civil rights of the individual. You have every right to choose to remain at home until herd immunity is achieved naturally, but you do NOT have the right to impose force on anyone else for weighing the costs and benefits and making a different choice.
It is worrisome that technology like this even is considered necessary by some, more so the thought of if you were unwilling to adopt it, you may be considered a pariah, unable to conduct anything other than the most basic tasks in public.

This is not about a track and trace app, or even the requirement to own a smartphone, as there are RFID versions, this is something entirely more sinister.

Not looking as likely to be a hoax as the scam website selling 5G shield USB stick is though really

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote