Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th May 2021, 07:39   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default Virgin media broadband

Does anyone else on this forum get their broadband from Virgin Media? If so are you having slow broadband speeds?
Since the beginning of this month our broadband has been throttled back by 50% I taker a speed test every day to save & it's 50mbps or thereabouts, I pay for 100mbps.

Our daughter is working from home and is on those video conference call a lot of the day & the speed falls to a crawl

I made out a online complaint form & they have to reply you within 28 days, I'm still waiting. I ring them every single day top rattle their cage, I'm not rude to the call centre people but they're not fobbing me off with the system is overloaded because people are working from home & it cant cope, I tell them That's your problem not mine, I'm paying for 100mbps & I want 100mbps, the broadband went up in price recently to rub salt in the wound too , I told him you have adverts all over the internet stating 100mbps speed, that's false advertising.
What use is a super hub router if they're going to throttle the broadband speed by 50%. My brother who lives 500 yards away has the same problem.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote