Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th July 2008, 18:20   #31
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

Remote capture capabilities through the computer? What wizardry is this? Sounds pretty good though, can it be used as a super quality webcam?
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 19:10   #32
lightpainter
Posted a thing or two

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

It’s part of the bundled software that comes with the EOS 40D Carl, it was supplied with the 30D and most decent new DSLR’s have the capability!
You connect your camera to your PC or Laptop via a USB cable, start the remote capture program and you can see what the camera see’s on your monitor and you can focus, change shutter speed, change aperture and press your mouse button to take the picture, the photos you take are saved directly onto your hard drive!
I don’t know if a webcam can do it but you need to check the software that comes with it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lightpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 20:13   #33
podge

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Now that sounds a wizzo bit of kit.....fit slr to telescope,usb through window to laptop,nice warm fire...bingo pictures of the moon in comfort!!!
back to reality, a little shot this afternoon.P.

B.M.Ws loss........OUR GAIN!!!!!!!!
http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/...arp.300pix.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/3...b847e1c5_m.jpg
podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 21:18   #34
smcaul
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDT Club

Been on the Isle of Wight today have we Podge?

Freedom isn't free. Somebody paid!
smcaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 22:12   #35
podge

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

I have been rumbled....again!! yep, we decided to spend the day "overseas!" in Cowes....some lovely old yachts to.P.

http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/...arp.300pix.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/3...b847e1c5_m.jpg
Old 15th July 2008, 23:39   #36
mantianak

ZT 190+ Saloon

I think I'll have to see if my camera has such functions tomorrow. I've not read the manual, I don't even use it to download the photos from. I could be missing out on something interesting. I know it has liveview functions so it's a start.
Old 16th July 2008, 08:20   #37
GERFIX

MINI COOPER S

Default East Fortune Airfield

Whilst I'm trying to work out what to do with my Aston Martin video, I remembered some photos I took when I recently visited East Fortune Aircraft Museum in East Lothian a few weeks ago. I had thought the tickets Mrs G won on the local radio station were for the upcoming airshow but it was just a freebie entry to the museum. Still good though. As luck would have it, that day there was a training exercise involving a Sea King from RAF Boulmer in the North East. Here are the pics and a couple from inside the museum too.

Visible in the photo above is nephew Kyran training to be a pilot!!!

There were quite a few more photos but this is the most interesting batch.

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 18:54   #38
podge

Vulcan and Blue Steel, well, this afternoon!...

a real misty eye moment( a little clip over on the social thread)

followed by

I have to say an impressive display from the 380
but we built real aeroplanes years ago:lol:

Old 16th July 2008, 22:30   #39
mantianak

ZT 190+ Saloon

I can't seem to find the usb lead for my camera. Oh well, I'll have to look again tomorrow. Meanwhile, I found this little chap in the garden 2 days ago.

Old 16th July 2008, 23:29   #40
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
I think I'll have to see if my camera has such functions tomorrow. I've not read the manual, I don't even use it to download the photos from. I could be missing out on something interesting. I know it has liveview functions so it's a start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpainter View Post
It’s part of the bundled software that comes with the EOS 40D Carl, it was supplied with the 30D and most decent new DSLR’s have the capability!
You connect your camera to your PC or Laptop via a USB cable, start the remote capture program and you can see what the camera see’s on your monitor and you can focus, change shutter speed, change aperture and press your mouse button to take the picture, the photos you take are saved directly onto your hard drive!
I don’t know if a webcam can do it but you need to check the software that comes with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
Remote capture capabilities through the computer? What wizardry is this? Sounds pretty good though, can it be used as a super quality webcam?
I think a prerequisite of the live-preview on your monitor is to have a live-preview DSLR (such as the 40D) I know you can do remote shooting via USB with most DSLR's but you only get the photo to your PC after the shot has been taken - ie, you will be shooting 'blind'. I suppose though you can compose and meter the shot using the camera's viewfinder then use the remote shooting to set up a time-lapse or to shoot images where the subect isn't moving (like, errr... still life! lol).

Still... live preview is quite an exciting feature to have when linked to a computer. My friend has a 40D and I have yet to try it out. Still got my 30D and I love it to bits
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote