Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st December 2012, 19:29   #101
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

tell'ya what mate, just a bout thinking what this dudes translator thingy woulda make outa the sentence.
Me, complaining, ---- getalife!

Could get much worser than that.

G'night!
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 01:26   #102
jymix
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 - Legendary Optimist ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes75 View Post
Have you tried taking the fuel injectors out still connected, with pop bottle tops under them and see if fuel is going through them when you are turning the engine over.
No, I have not tried it yet.
I confess that I find it hard to leave the injectors of the engine block
jymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 07:47   #103
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

If you don't want to remove the injectors you can buy a Noid Light that connects to the injector plug and lights up each time they fire. :xmas-smiley-013:

Mike

Last edited by Mike Noc; 3rd January 2013 at 15:33..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 15:48   #104
jymix
Avid contributor

should remove the heads to inspect the valve sealing?
Old 22nd December 2012, 18:04   #105
workaholic_ro
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

My opinion is to leave the injectors where they are. You have a BIG chance to break at least one trying to remove them. Actually I would bet on two.
Your engine should start by now. Check again every connector, maybe you unplugged something and forgot to put back.
A tool like this would be useful. Take the cheapest available in France or in Europe, they are all the same:
http://shop.ebay.fr/i.html?_trksid=p...at=0&_from=R40
From Asia it takes at least three weaks to have it.

Cheers,

Fidel

Last edited by workaholic_ro; 22nd December 2012 at 18:09..
workaholic_ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 18:11   #106
workaholic_ro
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymix View Post
should remove the heads to inspect the valve sealing?
Removing the heads is a big step, IMHO. Do it only when you are sure that you have tried everything, and I mean everything, else.

Cheers,

Fidel

Old 22nd December 2012, 20:59   #107
jymix
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic_ro View Post
My opinion is to leave the injectors where they are. You have a BIG chance to break at least one trying to remove them. Actually I would bet on two.
Your engine should start by now. Check again every connector, maybe you unplugged something and forgot to put back.
A tool like this would be useful. Take the cheapest available in France or in Europe, they are all the same:
http://shop.ebay.fr/i.html?_trksid=p...at=0&_from=R40
From Asia it takes at least three weaks to have it.
I already have a similar tool but I erased several times and errors since the ecu no longer reports any errors.
just a question. is it posible that the engine is in good condition despite the fact that I could ride with small belts damaged?
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:20   #108
workaholic_ro
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
I already have a similar tool but I erased several times and errors since the ecu no longer reports any errors.
just a question. is it posible that the engine is in good condition despite the fact that I could ride with small belts damaged?
First of all, we are talking about the exhaust valves, because, assuming that the front belt didn't have any problems, only the exhaust valves had been delayed. Opening later can't cause any damage, closing later can. The question is how much later ? Honestly, I can not be sure, only somebody who knows in detalil the engine geometry and also knows the delay, can.
As kaiser suggested, a compression test is the best way to find out, better than taking heads off. Remove the spark plug, rotate the engine to have al four valves of the cylinder closed and pump some air. Do it for all six cylinders.

Cheers,

Fidel

Old 24th December 2012, 10:02   #109
jymix
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic_ro View Post
As kaiser suggested, a compression test is the best way to find out, better than taking heads off. Remove the spark plug, rotate the engine to have al four valves of the cylinder closed and pump some air. Do it for all six cylinders.
I don't have tools to do this check. That's why Kaiser asked me to proceed with the verification of gap between tappets the camshaft and the top of the valves.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:37   #110
workaholic_ro
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
I don't have tools to do this check. That's why Kaiser asked me to proceed with the verification of gap between tappets the camshaft and the top of the valves.
You DO have the tools. That gardner pump I've seen in your pictures should be able to provide 3-4 bar and you don't need more. A tyre inflator would do the same job. You have the hose, add a rubber fitting or a drilled wine cork to fit instead the spark plug and that's all. The most difficult part is to find a wine cork in France.

Merry Christmas to all !

Cheers,

Fidel