Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th July 2021, 09:01   #1
olliewarwick
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+

Default MG ZTT Diesel 2003 Auto 144k

Good morning all,

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=FF38B8...38B8B3001E3BF4

Sadly the time has come to sell my MG ZTT.

I've had this car for about 5 years and it's been a really good car. We all know about these cars and their little qwerks but you'll see from the list below that I've looked after this car.

Simply put, I don't have any time to give the love this car needs. I've loved looking after this car and every time I drive it I fall in love with it again, but with a family, job and project cars this one always seems to be last on the list so it really is time for it to go. I'm going to be doing more miles for work and so a modern car makes a bit more sense.

It's had the 160 upgrade which has made a huge difference to how it drives, especially with the auto box. It pulls well and drives very well.

That said, it was a family car and is not perfect, there are few marks around the car which are to be expected on a car of this age.

Known issues/running project items.
1) I've fitted, but not plumbed in a diesel heater. I have all the parts
2) Previous owner provided parking sensors from a saloon version, which are not right, it will need the correct ZTT mk1 holders to make them right and colour coded.
3) Screen has lines, these tend to be better once it's warmed up
4) Sunroof doesn't open/close properly, I've therefore sealed it up. I kept meaning to replace it but it's quite a big job and just haven't ever had the time
5) Driver's seat is showing signs of wear
6) I've replaced the front bumper a while back as the old one was damaged when I bought the car, but it doesn't have the headlight washers
7) I've fitted the auto wiper rear view mirror ready to add the prism next time the windscreen is replaced. So it just has manual wipers at the moment.
8) I've replaced the top mount on one side, the other side is now starting to make a slight noise, I have the new one to go on

Below is a list of the work I've completed on it since owning it

IPK message centre installed
Full Service
Air con resistor changed
Viton O rings fitted
ECU Replaced
Second key configured
160 Upgrade completed
Tracking Set
Rear Brake Discs Replaced
Rear Brake Pads Replaced
Front brakes checked and lubricated
Coolant Change
EGR Valve Cleaned
Front O/S brake pad sensor replaced
Oil Service
Replace passenger side top mount bearing
Heater matrix cleaned out and coolant change
Under bonnet fuel pump changed
In tank pump replaced
Radiator replaced
Intercooler replaced
Starter motor solenoid
ATF changed
2/4 Brake Duty Solenoid in auto gearbox
Lower engine mount replaced
Front pads changed
5 Tyres replaced
Crankshaft pulley
Aux belts replaced
Driver's rear spring replaced
Air conditioning serviced
New Battery
In tank pump replaced

It has been serviced regularly by me at least every 6 months to a year, never more.

You can't see it in the photos, but it has a tow bar too.

I have a box of spares that will go with the car.

I also have a set of 5 alloys with 4 run flat winter tyres on that I've used for a few seasons available by separate negotiation

The personalised number plate isn't included by default but maybe again, by separate negotiation. If a sale is agreed I will organise the new reg etc.

I don't know how much I'm exactly looking for as the prices range quite a lot. The autos seem to be quite rare these days, especially in the estate with leather interior etc.. It's not perfect but it has been very well looked after mechanically so I will not be giving it away.

I'm not sure if the pictures will work, if they don't give me a shout and I can email them over to you.

Maybe some of you folk not interested in buying could give me some idea of what you think it might be worth and I'll amend when I have a better idea.

I live in Haslemere, Surrey.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a shout.

Ollie
olliewarwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2021, 09:04   #2
olliewarwick
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+

Sorry, should add that it has an MOT until Oct this year, it's done about 4,000 since the MOT last year.

It was MOT'd by Tom @ Force Tuning last year who completed all of the work on the MOT including advisories.

Reg is B12 DUN if you want to check the history yourself online.

Ollie
Old 29th October 2021, 12:32   #3
olliewarwick
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+

Hi All,

This is now back up for sale. Apologies for the delay but I went to start it and it decided not to. Nothing serious, thankfully Trikey came to the rescue and got it going. It was caused by a low battery, completely my fault. He had to resync the immobiliser I think. Either way working now. I've driven the car for a few weeks to make sure the problem didn't reappear.

Anyway, it is now back up for sale with a fresh MOT. I've removed the personalised number plate so the original is back on which is KN53MXR if you want to check the history online.

I didn't put a price last time as I wasn't sure what it's worth, having spoken to a few people and with the fresh MOT I'm after £1200 ono.

I also have a set of 5, I think they are called gridspoke, wheels. They sort of have square spokes if that makes sense. 4 have winter tyres on them all legal, 2 probably only have one season left in them, the other two have a few years. The wheels themselves are not great but I only used them through the winter seasons so didn't worry too much. The wheels could do with a refurb. These are available by separate negotiation.

I'm sorry to those who messaged me before, but with a non working car it became unavailable. Thanks again Trikey.

Any questions PM me and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Ollie
Old 29th October 2021, 12:34   #4
olliewarwick
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+

I should add that it has a leather interior (not electric sadly)

It also has cruise control and the original radio.