Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th December 2021, 12:24   #13121
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Default Intank pump

Well, after ordering a replacement pump from DMGRS last week, had to let the storm pass and installed it yesterday.

No more hesitation under acceleration thank god, I really thought my autobox was shot.

Edit:scrub that still getting throttle cutout underload. Arrrgh. Think the scrapyard calling its name. Not throwing any more money at it now.

EDIT 2: No its fine, was air in the system from messing around with the fuel line. Molly isn't being scrapped.

Oh and finally put on my side 75zt club stickers.
Hope everyone has a happy Christmas.

Last edited by simondhopkins; 14th December 2021 at 18:07..
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2021, 13:41   #13122
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Bled my coolant system again. This time tried to get the expansion tank off to raise it as far as it would go on the pipes but the bolt holding it on is well and truly seized so I filled the header tank to the brim and squeezed the top hose repeatedly, lots of bubbles appeared. When they stopped I emptied out the header tank to the right level using an anti-freeze tester. Hopefully all the air is out now but I'll monitor it over the coming week.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2021, 14:22   #13123
Wolves 75
I really should get out more.......

75 connoisseur SE CDTi

Replaced the rear light seals, had a little bit of water in the boot, both seals were split so will try that for now

Wolves 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2021, 19:07   #13124
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Drove it to Asda to get some diesel, going to have replace the passenger dipped beam bulb tomorrow.

Davy
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2021, 20:44   #13125
Southern Star
Loves to post

I put another tonne of aggregate down on my car parking area. I need another tonne to finish it off, extend it forward to my boundary, level with the Astroturf. Sooner or later, another tonne will turn up

I've put down about six tonnes of aggregate so far, I get all of it free from work. If I didn't take it away every day, 150kg at a time, then it would just end up being put in the skip which work would have to pay to have taken away. Normally bulk bags turn up without labels on them so nobody knows where it is supposed to be going and after a few weeks we just get told to scrap it.

So a win/win situation really, freecycling at its best. My mooring was a quagmire before I started.

Last edited by Southern Star; 11th December 2021 at 20:46..
Old 11th December 2021, 22:14   #13126
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
I put another tonne of aggregate down on my car parking area. I need another tonne to finish it off, extend it forward to my boundary, level with the Astroturf. Sooner or later, another tonne will turn up

I've put down about six tonnes of aggregate so far, I get all of it free from work. If I didn't take it away every day, 150kg at a time, then it would just end up being put in the skip which work would have to pay to have taken away. Normally bulk bags turn up without labels on them so nobody knows where it is supposed to be going and after a few weeks we just get told to scrap it.

So a win/win situation really, freecycling at its best. My mooring was a quagmire before I started.

Looking very impressive. I have the right of way over a gravel drive to my garage yard - your tonnes made me grateful that I don't have to maintain it - it measures 19 feet wide by nearly a hundred yards long!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2021, 15:41   #13127
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I had to recharge the battery on the v8 as it was flat. I did it a week ago as it was flat, so I think its time for a new one.
Once recharged it was good to listen to that v8 burble into life again, roll on next spring.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2021, 15:46   #13128
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Bonnet Striker Pins

Cleared all the faults with the T4 after doing the crank shaft pulley and belts a few weeks back, also fitted the modified bonnet striker pins to the NUK.

The one i have just taken off have been cleaned up and in the process of being sprayed.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2021, 18:06   #13129
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Fitted new front and rear number plates (courtesy of Matt Dickins) to the 75 tourer and repaired the floppy o/s door mirror on the ZT-T.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2021, 18:27   #13130
Southern Star
Loves to post

Drove down to Oxfordshire (which was good in itself as my car gets used too often on short journeys and a 100 mile round trip blows out the cobwebs especially as I chucked half a litre of Liqui Moly in the fuel tank yesterday) and there I picked up a set of 16" Union alloy wheels from club member Typhoon190 to replace the 17" Star Spoke alloys I currently have as I don't like the low profile tyres. I've been meaning to do this ever since I bought the car and it's only taken me nine years to get around to it.

Started deep cleaning them with a toothbrush etc but haven't fitted them yet as I was worried about running out of daylight, I find wheels with bolts an absolute PITA to fit and will probably get some M14 threaded bar in the week to use as a guide. Or I might just give my local friendly mechanic a brown beer voucher to do it next Saturday.

Then I think I will probably sell the Star Spoke alloys on here.