Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th August 2014, 12:45   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default My free and low cost offers

Sorry for this apparently devious way to expand the list of offers which used to fit in my sig, but will no longer.

As some will already know, I make quite a few things available to the general forum membership, so long as my out of pocket expenses are covered. I have also produced a few useful How To's as well, which were linked in my sig, the problem is the forum's sig length is very limited.

So I have posted them here in a more complete format, with now just a link to this post in my sig.

The Modified Handbrake Compensator - Whilst I have stopped producing these, I can recommend the version now offered by another member of this forum. I understand they are offered at not much more than I was charging. Fixing them up is really not a great deal of work, so why pay more? Contact me and I will pass the details on..

Should anyone around the NN15 area, be unable or not feel confident to swap their own compensator, send 'John H' on this forum a PM - Click HERE.
Phil-T4 also offers an install service.

How to fix a poor Handbrake HERE

Replace an ailing MAF Sensor, with an absolutely genuine and the correct Bosch part, for much less (fraction of the cost) you would normally pay. No need to risk a fake or compatible or a used one - Find the details HERE

I have for loan a simple home made ABS diagnostic unit to help you determine which of the four sensors might be at fault. This makes it easy to be certain which sensor has failed, rather than swapping and hoping. Build your own, or borrow mine - so long as you contribute to my costs - £7 plus a £10 returnable deposit. HERE

FBH How To - Install, Test and Service - HERE.

Radioguy DD install with HK amp and sub - HERE

DVB-T install reusing OEM Hi-line TV antennas - HERE

Free loan of the essential spanner needed for the CDT/CDTi belts swap, £7 postage and a £15 returnable deposit needed - To email me to enquire about this please click HERE

Free basic OBD diagnostics including MAF check - Please click HERE to enquire, but you will need to come to me so locals only.

Any deposits are repaid just as soon as the item is safely returned, so please obtain a postal receipt.

Car collection and delivery free - to or from the entire UK, expect to pay much reduced rail fares, the fuel and any other expenses incurred, as you would have to do anyway, doing it yourself. The vehicle must be 100% road worthy, legal, taxed, valid MOT and you must have the car covered on insurance. More details HERE

To email me please click HERE

Sorry guys, costs are rising and I'm only aiming to cover my out of pocket costs..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 24th July 2016 at 22:11..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 12:54   #2
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Very good idea Harry and a very good service too
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 13:51   #3
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Help

Brilliant Harry, let me know when you start doing painting and decorating.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 17:36   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
Very good idea Harry and a very good service too
Actually, I'm quite selfish - I do these things purely for my own entertainment, amusement and to satisfy my insatiable curiosity.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 20th August 2014, 18:18   #5
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzerk View Post
Brilliant Harry, let me know when you start doing painting and decorating.
Cracking electrician by trade, of should I say electrical engineer.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 07:48   #6
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Harry - do you have a pricing for a full compensator unit and postage to Australia? I"m thinking it may be better to pay a full price given the cost to (possibly) send back the used part... Cheers Nick
Old 25th October 2015, 08:17   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRMOZ View Post
Harry - do you have a pricing for a full compensator unit and postage to Australia? I"m thinking it may be better to pay a full price given the cost to (possibly) send back the used part... Cheers Nick
I have now stopped offering the compensators, as they are no longer needed. The mini compensator is a much better design than the Rover 75 one, even when refurbished and modified.

Old 25th October 2015, 09:25   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post

The mini compensator is a much better design than the Rover 75 one, even when refurbished and modified.
Hi Harry - could you expand on this a bit please - I need to modify my handbrake compensator on the ZT-T.

Sorry if I have missed something - are you saying a Mini compensator fits and is a better bet than modifying the original?

I have done a search here on this but not getting anything.

Thanks
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 10:46   #9
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Harry

A gent as always. I have used Harry a few times and always helpful and a pleasure to talk to. Another more than helpful member and trader

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 10:50   #10
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Hi Harry - could you expand on this a bit please - I need to modify my handbrake compensator on the ZT-T.

Sorry if I have missed something - are you saying a Mini compensator fits and is a better bet than modifying the original?

I have done a search here on this but not getting anything.

Thanks
all the details and photo's are here

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote