Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th March 2009, 22:41   #1
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Monogram Rover 75 tourer for sale.

Hi, I've decided that I'm going to sell the 75 as I need to raise some money for home improvements. SWMBO has declared she wants a kitchen NOW!! So my intention is to use my bike for a bit then buy another 75 at a later date. I quite fancy a Contemporary SE saloon. Which I will have to finance.
That is my reason for selling.

The car is a 2002 Connoisseur 2.5 litre V6 automatic with 73K on the clock painted Chromactive Spectre. The car interior is black leather and is very smart, there is a small square cut out of the climate control panel which I think is because it may of had a phone kit fitted at some point.
Outside is in good condition but when I bought it there was a dent in the o/s sill and a rust bubble on the n/s/r wheel arch. This was about the size of a penny piece and has been cut out and a good piece of metal fitted and looks great. There is a paint defect on the bonnet, o/s/f wing and the roof however everyone else I've tried to point this out to has been unable to see it. In some lights it is invisible and my girlfriend thinks I've gone mad.
The car was I think an EX MGR car and I've added up all the extras the car has and the car would have cost about £35000 when new!!
It has:
Satnav
Wood wheel,
torch,
Black memory leather,
Rain sensing wipers,
DVD player in roof, (Factory fit believe)
Cooled arm rest cubby,
Parking sensors,
Deattachable towbar, (I don't have the ball bit though)
Parking sensors,
Meteor alloys. (Some kerbing)
Xenons
I have fitted a new inlet manifold to this car.

The bad bits that again I would have sorted if being kept.
The front wishbone rear bushes will need replacing at some point but I will include the bushes with the car,
There is a whine from I think the A/C compressor, this isn't stopping the a/c from working and I will include a second hand compressor with the car,
The oil cooler has been disconnected at some point, it isn't causing any issues and I've no idea why it has been disconnected. I was going to get a new one but haven't got around to it yet.
There is a small leak from the autobox, I think from the front cover which looks to be only held on by 10 mm headed bolts and looks quite simple.
There is a vibration at a certain RPM which isn't causing any problems at the moment.
I think I've covered everything and want to be as honest as possible. I may have put people off but I would rather people are aware of everything I am.
Since owning it I have done very little to it really other than changing the oil and washing it! It is taxed until the end of April. I can't remember when the MOT runs out but I think its August.

I paid £4000 for it last year and since then I've bought a new inlet manifold and paid for the sill and wheel arch repair. It has been an expensive experience. I would like to get all my money back but as that is never going to happen I would like to ask £3900 for it.

Last edited by Phil; 8th March 2009 at 22:45.. Reason: Added a picture.