Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd November 2017, 21:01   #1
wi75rd

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Light at the end of tunnel, my FBH breathes again! it's ALIVE!!!

Hi everyone, now I know the fbh has been discussed in great detail. I have had help from various forum members including Frenchmike. I have been trying to get my fbh working for the past 2 years! I know most people would have give up but I have been determined since I had all the signs it worked. PCB checked, pumps work etc. And today after a bit of tinkering I realised the fan wasn't working. So I connected a battery charger straight to the fan and voila screeching noise and stopped. I pulled off the air intake and saw that the inside was all tarred up. I realised that the continuous misfiring and smoking through the fan assembly had glued it up good. I sprayed some WD40 straight into the intake and it worked for a while. Hopeful, I reconnected everything and tried the override. IT FINALLY FIRED UP! First time in a long long time. But then the fan seized again and back to square one. I have already serviced the fbh as per the instructions on this forum, but I never opened the fan assembly as I seem to remember someone saying it couldn't be. Does anyone know if this is the case, I am in the verge of a breakthrough and feel something as simple as a fan is not much to fix. Many many thanks in advance for any ideas help.
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:09   #2
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

The fan does come apart with patience and you will find a motor inside but sourcing one will be difficult, you can just buy an air fan but not cheap

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 10:08   #3
wi75rd

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
The fan does come apart with patience and you will find a motor inside but sourcing one will be difficult, you can just buy an air fan but not cheap
That's great news, I'll give it a go. Thanks again