Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Zed The Ted on Tour
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd October 2011, 21:11   #1
Hans-Peter
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Celeste

Default Interested in California Trip ZED ?

Is it important for ZED to travel in a 75 ? Otherwise he could come with me on a 3-weeks trip to California in April 2012
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:33   #2
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Zeds currently tucked up in bed, well actually he's slumming it out on the back seat of the V6.

He was waiting patiently for news of a trip to Thailand but if nothing comes up then let me know and I'll see what I can do. I was going to take him over to Spain next month if now one else wants him before.

We were in California earlier this year covering San Diego, San Climente, Las Vegas, LA, San Simeon and San Francisco to name just a few.
What a fantastic trip it was but not in a 75 but a 2011 model Ford Taurus, great hire car with loads of luggage space and punchy 3.5 ltr V6.

JYJ
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 09:51   #3
Hans-Peter
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
We were in California earlier this year covering San Diego, San Climente, Las Vegas, LA, San Simeon and San Francisco to name just a few.
What a fantastic trip it was but not in a 75 but a 2011 model Ford Taurus, great hire car with loads of luggage space and punchy 3.5 ltr V6.

JYJ
Nice. I am starting on April 22. till May 10.
This is my routing : http://g.co/maps/q2syk

Btw. I would be a relaxing flight for Zed - as I'm flying in Business

Old 25th October 2011, 10:10   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Wow ! that's quite a trip, you don't say whether its business or pleasure but if you do have time San Simeon is well worth a visit especially Hearst Castle. It's just off route 101 between J & K on your route, take route 46.

Also in San Francisco you must drive down Lombard street, it's the twisty windy one you see in lots of movies then of course a trip over to Alcatraz.
I could go on and on such as The Hoover Dam just outside Vegas and finally remember to keep your fuel topped up in the desert areas. They're vast and with very few gas stations although you can get an emergency fill at The Grand Canyon maintenance yard. The Skywalk 4,000 feet above the Canyon is awesome
I can sense that Zed is getting excited already at the thought of visiting the US.
JYJ
Old 26th October 2011, 08:26   #5
Hans-Peter
Avid contributor

Quote:
Wow ! that's quite a trip, you don't say whether its business or pleasure but if you do have time San Simeon is well worth a visit especially Hearst Castle. It's just off route 101 between J & K on your route, take route 46.

Also in San Francisco you must drive down Lombard street, it's the twisty windy one you see in lots of movies then of course a trip over to Alcatraz.
I could go on and on such as The Hoover Dam just outside Vegas and finally remember to keep your fuel topped up in the desert areas. They're vast and with very few gas stations although you can get an emergency fill at The Grand Canyon maintenance yard. The Skywalk 4,000 feet above the Canyon is awesome
I can sense that Zed is getting excited already at the thought of visiting the US.
JYJ
It's a pleasure trip And in SFO my Hotel is located directly at Lombard Street - including free parking
http://www.buenavistamotorinn.com/lo...-hotel-sf.aspx

I have already collected a lot of information from several forums in the net - so I will be prepared.
Old 26th October 2011, 12:39   #6
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Looks like you have done your homework and with free parking. It cost me $50 a night on my visit at the Sheraton near Fishermans Wharf.
I'm sure you will enjoy your trip as California is beautiful and with all those wine places, well enough said.

JYJ
Old 26th October 2011, 17:28   #7
Hans-Peter
Avid contributor

Quote:
Looks like you have done your homework and with free parking. It cost me $50 a night on my visit at the Sheraton near Fishermans Wharf.
I'm sure you will enjoy your trip as California is beautiful and with all those wine places, well enough said.

JYJ
Thanks - it took me two weeks to plan this trip including flight and hotels.
It's my personal birthday gift for my 50. next year. Dont know if I have the time and money in the coming years...and I will become older...and older...