Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd November 2008, 10:35   #11
Chin.
Avid contributor

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Whilst on various holidays I have seen 75's in quite a few countries.

Russia
Finland
Estonia
Sweden
Belgium
Germany
Greece
Italy
France
Spain
Barbados
Jamaica
Trinidad

I am sure there are many other countries Rover 75's were exported to.

Dave T
Poland
Latvia
Lithuania
Bulgaria
Ukraine
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:46   #12
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

Default AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstoneboy View Post
When I was out in Australia a few years back saw a beautiful P6, an SD1 and when driving in to Brisbane was passed by a blue 75.

I believe that the Australian ones were virtually the same as UK ones. The only thing that I can think might have been changed would be the a/c - perhaps a local sourced system or part system because of the temps in parts of Oz.

Paul
Thats interesting if the AC has been altered maybe that opens up
another avenue to explore in search of cooling fans do we have
any Australian members
nick nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:38   #13
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick nick View Post
Thats interesting if the AC has been altered maybe that opens up
another avenue to explore in search of cooling fans do we have
any Australian members
Yes we have a few Austrailian members in the club.
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:10   #14
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default Where in the world?

And of course - Bermuda

Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 01:00   #15
barry
Regular poster

mg zt 180 sport

R75s relatively common here in NZ so far, less so ZTs.
Both 180 Sports and 190s.

As far as I can judge the Rovers are mainly V6s.

One main agent still operating in Auckland - Roverland. They have a T4 as well, inherited I think from a former main agent that ceased trading when authorities decided to widen a viaduct which passed directly overhead their establishment.

Have not had any cause to test parts availability so far except to fit the clip mod. to the fuel filter. This was instantly available.

My 180 S has every option that I am ever likely to require to the extent that I have just discovered recently (after four years) it has a trip computer. Saw it in the handbook but thought for some reason it did not apply.
Regards
Barry
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 09:42   #16
anglaslt
Loves to post

R75 V8 and XPower SV-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratico View Post
I understand the first launch and roll out was in Spain.
They love them here as a consequence. Prices still holding up double and more.
I bought an ex Press car. 1999 - V6 Con - absolutely mint with every SE you can name. 17k clocked only, new tyres and full service - LHD Bought in West Brom Rover Dealer for 6k......................
If anyone stumbles across LHD models please let me know.
Thanks
With one exception I've bought all my LHD 75s/ZTs from UK MGR dealers. It's not just the price benefit but knowing the history and having main dealer reassurance. There's not that many LHDs about in UK now and probably the next best place to buy is Germany (check out www.mobile.de) but they are not cheap.

Going back to the original question, a lot of cars have found their way into other countries, particularly Eastern Europe, as used cars rather than direct imports. Here in Lithuania there was a bulk buy of around 60 Rover 75s in 2002 but many more have been imported since, from Germany and France in particular. I've seen two in Belarus but I doubt MGR ever exported there.

Would be interesting to know the countries to which they were directly exported but I don't suppose that information is available any more.
Tom

The Two Sixties - It's a LHD V8 thing too......................

SV Club supports all Ford powered MGs......................... Membership Number 112
anglaslt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 10:11   #17
Fille
Loves to post

SOLD - Rover 75 Tourer 2,0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

I have noticed that in Sweden there seem to be quite a few Rover 75's and MG ZT's sold. I bought mine over there and on www.blocket.se there are usually at least 50 used ones for sale.
To Finland the R75 was imported by BMW but as a consequence only 99 and 00 cars were sold new by them here. I think they sold about 500 or so of them. After BMW the odd example was imported by various compnaies and since about 2003 numerous cars have been privately imported (including mine!).
Old 24th November 2008, 11:20   #18
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

I've seen many 75s in Lebanon and the Arab Gulf countries. All were 2.5 V6 auto with all the gadgets and toys (No options - one only chooses the colour). The only difference was with or without the High Line Sat Nav, not available at all in the 2000 till 2003 models there, then available as option only after 2004 in some GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Koweit... - only GPS mapped countries). The car was sold as an alternative to the Jaguar S-Type there but did not sell masses as it had competition from more luxurious brands (remember: money is no object there). If the V6 had a larger displacement (2.5 litre is flimsy in this part of the world) and the car price tag was higher, it would have sold more in my opinion. I do not have much info concerning the V8s but IMHO there are not available there at all as it arrived a bit late for this market (that's always looking for novelties)...
Edit: I did not see any ZT in the Middle East (before you ask )

Last edited by majedm75; 24th November 2008 at 11:22..
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 11:31   #19
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

I saw one in South Africa last year.

The importer was having a sales push a few years back before MG-R went belly up, and had a couple on display in various shopping malls, so a few got out there.
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:43   #20
miketata
Loves to post

rover 75/jeep patriot crd

ADR (australian design rules ) are stricter than Euro or Californian requirements, so cars had to be modified to suit. These are usually things you can't see like crash barriers in the doors and brighter lights etc. NZ doesn't have the same standards which is why more UK cars enter there. AFAIK the cooling system is the same, but low speed doesn't wear out on the fans because it's always over 30 degrees c here. My 2001 has original fan, and has never had a aircon regas. This better reliability applies to vis motors too which don't gum up as much in the heat.....and brake pipes never corrode in the dry.

Cars brought in here were high spec...only Clubs and Conns were originally offered...but when these crept above the 60 thou luxury car tax, Classics with cloth seats were offered briefly. 75's were Royal Blue. silver, gold, Old Eng White, Black or duckegg blue. Zt's were bright blue, yellow or BR green. Other colours were rare.

Biggest problem was thermostat failure. Whereas thermos weep in the UK , here they explode leaving car in puddle of coolant. All in all the 75 range did much to repair the poor image of British cars from the 70s and 80s and sales were up 70 percent each year until MGR collapsed. Anything with k4 was never reliable enough out here, although a few ZR's were sold in the final weeks in the vain hope the modified gasket would hold.

The new era has Jaguar out front for the UK , increased sales for x types and XFs.
miketata is offline   Reply With Quote