Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th November 2018, 06:22   #11
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

My kids use instagram mostly and owned by FB..I canned my account due to them profiling people. I don't think FB is as popular as it used to be.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 08:58   #12
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

I joined mainly to keep in touch with the 'kids'. One in B'ham and one in London. Sure, we talk on the phone often but good to comment on their daily outings etc. Some interesting groups for sure, works team site, market place and local community. I use Facetime and Messenger too.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 09:28   #13
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Nothing wrong with Facebook and there’s some excellent MG Rover groups with very knowledgeable and helpful people in them. Yes it has its idiots but so does forums or any form of social media. I look at some political posts, particularly SNP ones and the dialogue and attacks are horrendous if you don’t agree with someone else who’s posting, that’s why I never comment on such posts.
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 09:30   #14
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
I joined mainly to keep in touch with the 'kids'. One in B'ham and one in London. Sure, we talk on the phone often but good to comment on their daily outings etc. Some interesting groups for sure, works team site, market place and local community. I use Facetime and Messenger too.
Yes Facebook is an excellent tool for what you’re doing as is messenger. Don’t get confused with FaceTime though as that’s an Apple video call nothing to do with Facebook. FaceTime is streets ahead of Skype video calls, I use FaceTime every day and it’s like the person is in the room with you
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 10:37   #15
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

My kids (36 and 40 ) use it and all of the other social media sites, I don't. As for Facebook I don't want people I never bothered with years ago now "trying to catch up with me".

I am on a few forums and some of them only sell goods through Facebook, not my idea of running a successful business.

Some people can't live without it, they arrive at the hospital or doctors and definitely fast food outlets and as soon as they sit down they take a photo to show where they are .... that's the way forward, just telling Mr Burglar that my house is empty.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote