Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th November 2019, 12:43   #11
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Dawn

I received a reminder letter to renew mine on 30th Oct due on 19th Dec. Like you I do not have an up to date passport so could not do it on line. It was however a simple procedure at the Post Office. Use the online checker to see which POs do the renewals as not all do. I just went down to my nearest with the letter and license. They looked at the letter and my licence, took me to a booth where they took my picture and I signed on an electronic pad. Then back out to pay the £21.00. They keep the old license but gave me a receipt to keep with me whilst driving just in case and to prove I had sent it off should any of the above issues posted happen. They advised it will take about two weeks for the new license to come but, if I recall correctly the letter suggested up to three weeks. It was simple and quick
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 13:01   #12
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
When I changed from paper to photo card licence they returned mine with all of my HGV entitlements missing!
A common practice for some time now. The simply outstanding agency could not hit water if they they all fell out of a boat mid Atlantic.
I have another few years left on mine, and there is NO WAY those band of baboons are getting my paper licence with bike, car, PSV etc etc, to send me a photo one, saying I can only ride a scooter.

I also have scans of it.

No prizes for guessing my word for the DVLA last letter acronym

Last edited by Devilish; 5th November 2019 at 13:05..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 13:44   #13
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

A passport does make life easier in a growing number of applications and it was for this reason that I bit the bullet earlier this year and renewed my own. It came about because for the first time in my life I found myself in a position where I could not meet a bank's security requirements when trying to wind up my late mother's affairs. I had with me at the time an abundance of ID related stuff which only a few years ago would have and did meet the requirements of a different bank. However on the occasion in question the requirement was for all utility bills and statements produced to be current within 3 months and I was one item short with regard to this. It was a right faff on and absolutely ridiculous from the perspective of a legitimate applicant. But many outfits are making it increasingly difficult too and the annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be a common standard, what's good for one might not be good for another.

So I would recommend a passport regardless but also be aware that the so-called DVLA are running a scam on licence renewals. Do it early and the new one starts early, it runs from the date of approval and not the date of expiry of your old licence.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 15:42   #14
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
A common practice for some time now. The simply outstanding agency could not hit water if they they all fell out of a boat mid Atlantic.
I have another few years left on mine, and there is NO WAY those band of baboons are getting my paper licence with bike, car, PSV etc etc, to send me a photo one, saying I can only ride a scooter.

I also have scans of it.

No prizes for guessing my word for the DVLA last letter acronym

I agree, I decided to hang the keys up when the DCPC came about, so many drivers had had enough of them just trying to take more and more money off us in the name of training. I passed my test at Swinnerton and even have the date and time, also the testers name but DVLA are just not interested. It's no wonder all our data is being flogged off to anyone with a spare quid.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 10:15   #15
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

If I don't get a renewal during November I will go to my local PO then and ask them to do it anyway. It says on the checker they do licenses so fingers crossed! Thank you all.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 18:05   #16
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

When I changed mine, after hearing about missing items, I simply kept the old license.---Same thing with my wife's license. Still got them both and it appeared to cause no problems then or since.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote