Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd March 2010, 08:51   #51
Roger1
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.5 Tourer; 2022 MG HS; 2021 MG ZST

You still about Graham?

R

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:29   #52
PaulPJ
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 Manual Facelift CDTi Contemporary in Starlight Silver

Hi Roger1, I saw that Balllies Bar had changed alot when I looked at their website a few weeks ago, I wonder if Stan still owns it. They used to have some great bands there like Splinter and Dublin Street. I looked at West Eyreton because you could buy 10 acres for a good price and seeing as we have horses it would have been ideal. The last time I went to the Jade stadium was in 2002 when the canterbury Crusaders won the super 6 I think it was. Watched the whole of the 2002 world cup football from the comfort of Baillies and I was amazed at the number of Poms in CHCH when the World Cup was on, I think they were all in Baillies at the same time. Used to do alot of work for the NZ Antarctic Institute so spent alot of time out at the Antarctic Centre working. Great place to take the family. Paul
PaulPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:24   #53
Duotone
This is my second home

I was on holiday in New Zealand and Australia this time last year.

I didn't see many 75's and ZT's and pictures proved difficult to get.

Here is a ZT taken in Wellington in 2009, we were walking back to the docks from the city when I spotted this one..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:47   #54
Roger1
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
I was on holiday in New Zealand and Australia this time last year.

I didn't see many 75's and ZT's and pictures proved difficult to get.

Here is a ZT taken in Wellington in 2009, we were walking back to the docks from the city when I spotted this one..

Dave T
Hi Dave,

Good shot. I know exactly the spot. Funny thing is, the sun is shining in Wellington. Ha ha.
Hope you enjoyed the holiday. Both models are rare sights on our roads regretfully.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:50   #55
Roger1
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPJ View Post
Hi Roger1, I saw that Balllies Bar had changed alot when I looked at their website a few weeks ago, I wonder if Stan still owns it. They used to have some great bands there like Splinter and Dublin Street. I looked at West Eyreton because you could buy 10 acres for a good price and seeing as we have horses it would have been ideal. The last time I went to the Jade stadium was in 2002 when the canterbury Crusaders won the super 6 I think it was. Watched the whole of the 2002 world cup football from the comfort of Baillies and I was amazed at the number of Poms in CHCH when the World Cup was on, I think they were all in Baillies at the same time. Used to do alot of work for the NZ Antarctic Institute so spent alot of time out at the Antarctic Centre working. Great place to take the family. Paul
Hi Paul,,
You may know Mike Hyde then? He works at the Antarctic Centre. A mad motorcyclist and now a travel writer as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 4th March 2010, 07:11   #56
PaulPJ
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 Manual Facelift CDTi Contemporary in Starlight Silver

Hi Roger1, the name does ring a bell or two. I was mainly based in the Italian sector of the Institute but worked with lots of different people. Ernst & Young were implementing a Microsoft Navision system to help with getting people down to the ice i.e Scott Base and it was my job along with one other to get the system in and train staff to use it. Geat job and met loads of interesting people. Driving home last night, I was trying to remember a pub I visited occasionally, it was high on a hill overlooking Akaroa but I cannot remember its name. Nice pub though. Paul
PaulPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 00:49   #57
Roger1
Loves to post

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPJ View Post
Hi Roger1, the name does ring a bell or two. I was mainly based in the Italian sector of the Institute but worked with lots of different people. Ernst & Young were implementing a Microsoft Navision system to help with getting people down to the ice i.e Scott Base and it was my job along with one other to get the system in and train staff to use it. Geat job and met loads of interesting people. Driving home last night, I was trying to remember a pub I visited occasionally, it was high on a hill overlooking Akaroa but I cannot remember its name. Nice pub though. Paul
Possibly the "Hilltop". Original name! Beautiful part of the country that. Hilltop has been gentrified a bit, with cafe facilities etc. We're such a cultured bunch!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10th March 2010, 07:21   #58
barry
Regular poster

mg zt 180 sport

Default kiwi rover owners

Graham

A bit belated this reply.
I am in Auckland and have what looks like an identical ZT180, as in the above photo. In fact I thought initially it was mine but I was through Wellington last in 2008 and it has a different number plate.

On Auckland's North Shore there are several ZTs spotted from time to time - two in Le Mans Green?, one a saloon, one a Tourer, one black Tourer with business logos and a Tourer in Trophy Blue plus mine a saloon in BRG. I have also seen one in Roverland - probably Starlight.
Rover 75s are probably slightly more plentiful.

I purchased mine new from Newmarket European in 2004. They were good to deal with but were required by Transit NZ to surrender their property for the Newmarket Viaduct extension. It came at the same time MG/Rover ceased manufacture and they never relocated.

I deal with Roverland now - Land Rover, Jaguar, and Volvo agents. They have recently merged with Archibald and Shorter.
They have given me good service and their Service Manager Bruce Butterfield has been around Rovers for about twenty years.
I have to say though that apart from an air lock in the cooling system on service, nothing has ever gone wrong the car.
Do my own oil changes, anything else in routine servicing, fluids etc I get them to do.
Use Castrol Magnatec on changes.
Love the car.
Regards
Barry
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 15:18   #59
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1 View Post
Dont forget the Rovers. Not many diesels made it here, so it would be a welcome addition too. BUT - methinks the cost to transport them may be totally prohibitive!
If I was to end up moving to NZ for a longer period or that I was going to come back on a regular basis (your summer months to get away from the Swedish winter ones) Then I would take at least one of the cars and keep it there. Maybe the Volvo 444K 1956 and the diesel tourer 2005. To work 6 months in NZ and then the summer in Sweden would be ideal
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 09:49   #60
Roger1
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
If I was to end up moving to NZ for a longer period or that I was going to come back on a regular basis (your summer months to get away from the Swedish winter ones) Then I would take at least one of the cars and keep it there. Maybe the Volvo 444K 1956 and the diesel tourer 2005. To work 6 months in NZ and then the summer in Sweden would be ideal
Excellent idea. Best of both worlds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]