Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th January 2012, 08:24   #1
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default A Club VIS Tester for Subscribed members in Australia and New Zealand.

A NOTE OF THANKS.

I would like to thank Dave (Stocktake) for kindly donating a VIS Tester for use by us members in the antipodes.

Actros' parcel arrived safely today.

Another reason why we ought to consider supporting the club by subscribing.

A general thanks to all contributors and traders that generously share their motoring knowledge with us and make owning a 75 / ZT that much more pleasurable.

egremont (custodian of the Australian and New Zealand VIS Tester)
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 00:12   #2
john adam
Avid contributor

1999 Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur saloon

Greetings from NZ.
How do I go about borrowing the VIS tester?
john adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 10:38   #3
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Use of Clubs VIS Tester.

Hello John,

Australia Post has become pedantic about including batteries in parcels - recently returned one of my parcels for repackaging.
Miles Winchester - Committee member of our local Rover Car Club of Australia - is a Kiwi and will be returning to your shores at the end of this month to attend the Canterbury Rally over the Easter period - 6th - 9th. April.
If you are attending the Rally, and you are not in urgent need to use the tester, Miles will be happy to bring it over to you.
If you need it ASAP, I will see whether Australia Post will insist in mailing the tester without the 9 volt battery.

I apologise if you missed my early message viz:
ADVANCE NOTICE OF V.I.S. TESTER FOR US ANTIPODEAN SUBSCRIBED MEMBERS OF THE 75AND ZT OWNERS CLUB.

I just want to let you know that I received a parcel TODAY from Brian (Actros). It contained a VIS Tester and instructions as to its custodianship and operating instructions.

The opening paragraph reads, "This VIS Motor Tester was kindly Donated to the Club by Dave (Stocktake) For the use of by all subscribed members. Many Thanks"

Perhaps I ought to mention that I was not expecting this until Actros approached me to say that he was sending it to me. As they have said it is one of the benefits that subscribed members of the club enjoy. The tester is for the use of subscribed members in both Australia and New Zealand.

There are presently 146 subscribed and non-subscribed members in Australia and 34 in New Zealand.

I will be contacting Chris Clark, The National Secretary, Association of Rover Clubs N.Z (Inc.) to pass the information onto our New Zealand friends.

The U.K. based club now has 17.500 plus members and it is the subscriptions that enable the club to maintain its vast website and forum management. Subscribers are entitled to advertise on the forum, etc. As many of you know, the club is a wealth of knowledge and assistance, so if you are not already a subscriber, consider becoming one, it is worthwhile.

Cheers for now,

Bruce.

p.s. I will advise further details to subscribed members shortly - as time permits.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Cheers,
Bruce (egremont)
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 11:19   #4
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Hi all the members if the member Androod that ordered the club calendars can you get intouch with me please as you have not put your address in so i dont know where to send them.
Bri (actros shop manager)
Old 7th March 2012, 20:25   #5
john adam
Avid contributor

1999 Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur saloon

Hello Bruce, thanks for prompt reply.
I am a member of the Wellington Rover car Club but will not be attending the national rally.
I seem to recall Miles from way back.
I am not in desperate need of the tester, however, if Miles is prepared to take it over the ditch I will check to see if any of the Wellington Club members will be attending the rally. Kind regards.
john adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 03:09   #6
hofoa

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Tourer auto

Default VIS in Wellington

Hi John
If you get the tester to Wellington please let me know. Happy to help with costs. Cheers
hofoa is offline   Reply With Quote