Notices

Old 3rd June 2017, 16:26   #111
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Personally speaking, Phil, that is the most attractive aspect of TM. So it's working with some of us young at heart voters also.
OMG! ...I am lost for words haha!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 18:00   #112
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Back to the tv debate i wonder if it changed people's minds? I think the polls might well start to narrow even further?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 05:36   #113
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
An interesting view Trevor, and one which I support. I think we all agree that JC is not a polished spin doctor. In fact, he is pretty lousy at it. Some of his past is not helping. The old guard (or the established warlords as I call them) of the labour party are not behind him. Yet, he has twice won the leadership election. Further, under his leadership, the labour party is now predicted to have the support of somewhere between 33% and 39% of the voting public. Given the aforementioned factors, one can only assume that it is this labour party's policies, developed under JC's leadership, that are responsible for this level of support.

In my mind, there is not any doubt that the Tory party will win this election. Strategically, this will actually be the best outcome. I feel that the effects of austerity have not yet hit really hard, so another five years of a Tory government are probably what is needed for the voting public to be able to really differentiate between true Tory and true Labour idealogies.

I think it is the election in five year's time when the voting public will really decide what sort of a society they wish to be part of. Whilst this is unfortunate for JC personally, I believe he will leave a positive, long-term legacy as the person who steered the labour party back to its roots and being a labour movement for the working person.

Just my opinion of course and many others will no doubt have alternate views.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen .

It is a fine morning here in Suffolk - the sun is out, sky is absolutely clear, birds are tweeting in the garden and Percy the pheasant is sitting in his usual place in the garden making his usual early morning sounds to greet us downstairs. On top of all that, I have the day off work to play with model airplane engines. It's going to be a fine day!

Ref my post above, I see that something interesting is also happening in politics this morning.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote