Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th May 2017, 04:21   #1
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Default Rover 75 mk1 versus mk2 head lining

As the title suggests, my mk2 doer uppers head lining looks like some one has had it re done but it dosn't appear right.
I'm aware on the mk2 the rear interior light is moved slightly forward and also noticed the sunroof switch is separate in the headboard and not in the front light but it appears the roof material from about half way back dosn't follow the head board contours and the headboard around the hole for the rear roof light appears to be packed with some sort of foam bringing the head board away from the roof? Unlike the mark 1 roofs which follow the contours of the panel to the rear of the car.
Sun roof also has no interior edge trim either and the material is just trimmed around the edge of the sunroof
Is this normal or has someone done a dodgy re trim?
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 10:15   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

it sounds to me like your car has had an aftermarket sunroof fitted at some point, do you have any pics of the sunroof and sunroof switch?
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 12:44   #3
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

The sunroof is labeled Webasto and definitely not the same as my other mgr ones although the roof and glass look factory but has a square switch panel mount in the headliner just in front of the front roof light cluster.
Might have had a factory sunroof and had the unit replaced.
Looks to me like they have just re trimmed over the top of the old headliner material and looks like there is headboard from the front to about the rear roof light , no head board around the light tmode hen it re appears at the rear part near the brake light .
I'd say they have packed the headboard away from the roof to fit the non factory sunroof cassette where the glass slides back into and also modified the area around the sunroof hence no edge trim .
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 13:04   #4
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Does sound like an aftermarket fitment.

I looked at one of these years ago for fitting to a Ginetta G31 I had, but the roof was not long enough for the slide mechanism.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 13:40   #5
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

the factory sunroofs are also webasto so aftermarket ones are similar to the factory original, they're usually about the same size but the switch for the sunroof and headlining usually gives it away.

The headboard is just the cassette for the sunroof which it goes into when the sunroof is rolled back, and the rest is probably just the framework to mount the sunroof in place. Even on cars with factory sunroofs fitted the headlining is different and sits slightly lower to allow room for the sunroof cassette.

And it sounds like they've either cut a hole in the original headlining for the sunroof and refitted that or fitted some sort of aftermarket headlining.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote