Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th March 2013, 15:01   #151
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Ah, OK. No problemo, was just wondering is all....
Old 4th March 2013, 15:15   #152
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Hi, I just realised that we, well I, didn't get a Fridge Magnet on the last 2 Meets here...???

Any particular reason for this?

Here is the last one I got in February 2012....

Hi Bill....

I will be honest, the reason you have not had one is down to me I am afraid...

Steve always supplied these at the F&W meets and very kindly did so out of his own pocket...

I did look into this as I wanted to carry on the tradition, but to be honest looking at the costs involved I would have an issue... Magnets like these are not funded by the club, and if I supplied magnets at the F&W I would feel obliged to supply them at my other meets as well...

Now looking at recent numbers for the meets, I would be looking at supplying 60 odd magnets every 3 months or so.... I am self employed and work has been very up & down so far in 2013, which leaves me saving every penny possible (especially with a kid on the way ) So I made the decision not to supply the magnets....

If work picks up and I feel a little more flush, then I will look into supplying these at SELECTED meets through the year...

Cheers Bill....

Pete

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 16:20   #153
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Hi Pete, no problem at all, I was just wondering is all.
But to be honest I would be very happy to pay for mine personally.
But fear not, I fully appreciate your position don't worry.
See you soon. :-D
Old 6th March 2013, 17:10   #154
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petetourer View Post
Hi Bill....

I will be honest, the reason you have not had one is down to me I am afraid...

Steve always supplied these at the F&W meets and very kindly did so out of his own pocket...

I did look into this as I wanted to carry on the tradition, but to be honest looking at the costs involved I would have an issue... Magnets like these are not funded by the club, and if I supplied magnets at the F&W I would feel obliged to supply them at my other meets as well...

Now looking at recent numbers for the meets, I would be looking at supplying 60 odd magnets every 3 months or so.... I am self employed and work has been very up & down so far in 2013, which leaves me saving every penny possible (especially with a kid on the way ) So I made the decision not to supply the magnets....

If work picks up and I feel a little more flush, then I will look into supplying these at SELECTED meets through the year...

Cheers Bill....

Pete
No one expects you to provide the magnets pete, you did a great job steeing in when stevemac resigned and as you will be a dad soon maybe its time so maybe some one else could offer to arrange the F&W meets to give you a break, or maybe we have a budding regional secretary out there, with a baby and wife to support you will need to slow down a bit take it from someone who has been there read the book and washed the
nappies though you wont have to do that thank goodness

Best Wishes

mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 19:34   #155
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Just so we are are absolutely CLEAR, my comments were just an observation, not a judgement at all.

It was only the fact that they were mentioned on another thread that made me think that maybe because I had left early-ish on the last 2 occasions I had missed-out... That is all.

Please let it be known that my question was in no way to detract from the EXCELLENT job Pete has done on the last 2 'Meets'.... And for that I am truly thankful....

Thank you.
Old 6th March 2013, 19:55   #156
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

I must agree Bill, Pete has done a wonderful job in standing for a RS vacated by Steve
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 11:28   #157
Woof25
Passed Away

Maybe rather than looking for a new regional secretary for the are perhaps a local rep could be found for the Frog & wicket, it shouldnt be too demanding a task and I know that several members are quite local to the venue. It has been done elsewhere quite succesfully and qould allow pete to attend with out all the hassle if I was closer & in better health I would have given it a go !! but I am involved with assisting in the meetings at Waggon and Horses albeit as a backup to the excellent tony.

Not getting at anyone they are just the thought of a small fluffy dog

Best to all

Mike
Old 12th March 2013, 11:43   #158
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Just so we are are absolutely CLEAR, my comments were just an observation, not a judgement at all.

It was only the fact that they were mentioned on another thread that made me think that maybe because I had left early-ish on the last 2 occasions I had missed-out... That is all.

Please let it be known that my question was in no way to detract from the EXCELLENT job Pete has done on the last 2 'Meets'.... And for that I am truly thankful....

Thank you.
Was not taken that way at all Bill Many thanks for the compliments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
I must agree Bill, Pete has done a wonderful job in standing for a RS vacated by Steve

Hi Derek....

Not a problem... The F&W is a great meet... Would be a shame to lose it and its fairly easy to get it all arranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Maybe *rather than looking for a new regional secretary for the are perhaps a local rep could be found for the Frog & wicket, it shouldnt be too demanding a task and I know that several members are quite local to the venue. It has been done elsewhere quite succesfully and qould allow pete to attend with out all the hassle if I was closer & in better health I would have given it a go !! but I am involved with assisting in the meetings at Waggon and Horses albeit as a backup to the excellent tony.
Not getting at anyone they are just the thought of a small fluffy dog
Best to all
Mike

Hi Mike...

As mentioned above, its a fairly easy meet to arrange TBH... I know one member who was thinking of taking on the RS role, but its gone a little quite recently...

I am sure in time someone else will take on the role, but in the meantime I am more than happy to arrange them...

When my little one appears on the scene it may mean I won't be able to attend a couple of the meets, but this will not stop me arranging them for everyone else...

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 12:33   #159
Woof25
Passed Away

Ok pete

as long as you are happy and feel comfortable then its fine, and to other members who may feel I have been having a dig I can assure it easnt any such thing just the humble thought of a old dog !!!!

mike