Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2008, 08:11   #1
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

Default HELP! Changing Headlight.... securing clip came loose.

Hi
Had a headlight go this morning on the way to work and set about changing the bulb (5 minute job I thought). I took all the covers off, removed the bulb, put the new one in the holder and went to put the securing clip in place across the back of the bulb.... but it came loose.
Can anyone help with some idea of how the two prongs should slide into the other side I can't see. I also can't have many goes at this for fear of it dropping down inside the wheel arch as the screws securing the arch seem to be stuck solid.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Hope I can do this today as I have a long drive home and don't fancy doing it "one eyed".

Cheers
Bluey
bluey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 11:44   #2
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

Tried fiddling about with it to no avail. Read some stuff whereby guys spent hours at it with no success and in the end had to remove the bumper and headlight. My method is much simpler.... "no more nails" on a roll. I'll see how long it lasts and get the job done proerly when time permits.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:04   #3
rollsey1
Loves to post

Honda Super Magna

Hi Bluey.

Difficult to describe how it fits in – I think it’s 2 hooks either side - but if it’s any consolation mine came out and with the help of a torch and the wheel pointing in towards the engine, I was able to just get a view and secure it. Mine was on the passenger side – may be different on the drivers side.

Andy
rollsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 12:26   #4
bluey9
Banned

Aye, that thought went through my mind when looking at it. I would have had a view of it if it was drivers side. Can't wait to see how long this lasts.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:36   #5
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

I have found that the nearside a piece of cake but the offside for some reason. Found it a lot easier removing the wheel and with a torch you can vaguely see what you might be doing.

Paul
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 17:37   #6
Moonstone
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

My tip is to take a photo with your phone (if it has a flash) or digital compact camera of the other side through the access panel. It might take a few attempts, but you will then see how it fits (though it may be reversed L-R).

Actually, the diagram in the owner's manual (bulb changing) isn't too bad, either. It looks like the prongs need to be forced apart slightly to engage in their holders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dipped.jpg (16.0 KB, 25 views)
Moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote