Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2008, 21:25   #1
Mindenman

MG ZT 190 2005

Default ZT 190 2.5 V6 - Fitting Dension Gateway 300

Hi;
I'm currently having a few little niggles in fitting a dension gateway 300 for Ipod.

The story so far...
Removed CD changer plug in front of car and through using some wiring diargrams kindly supplied by my garage (which I've since lost!) I've managed to get it "kind've" working but with the following issues:

I get terrible engine wine - I've deffinately earthed the gateway so I'm guessing I need to fit a suppressor? I bought one from Halfords but spoke to the guy who fits their ICE and he was positive it was an earth issue so I'm now not sure about fitting the suppressor.

Another problem I have is that the Ipod is not charging via the connection - not sure at all how to resolve that one.

Lastly I don't get any id tags for the tracks on my screen (I just get track 1, 2, 3 etc) and after reading through many of these posts this is something that should work. I been back to Dension and got the latest firmware update for the device but still no dice.

There are some wiring problems that I think (and hope) may be causing all of the above.

My wiring is as follows:

i.e. dension = loom
Red = Pink/Black
White = Yellow/Black
Yellow = Purple/Pink (shows 12v on meter)
White = White/Red (shows 12v on meter)
Black = Black (earth)

Left over(!!)
Black from dension
Black/Purple from loom
Black/Yellow from loom

Note: All steering wheel controls work. I can only listen to tracks if I start to play from list first and then connect the ipod to the car with CD selected on the mode, otherwise it doesn't pick it up. Using the station buttons on the bord monitor does not pick play lists but rather randon sets of tracks.

Any help on this would be extremely gratefully received.
Thanks
-TC
Mindenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 21:28   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Hi and thanks for a concise and well-read first post

The only thing missing is what your current headunit is One of our more ICE-minded members will no doubt help you out shortly.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 22:07   #3
Mindenman

MG ZT 190 2005

Default Head unit

OOPS!
Thanks Simon for prompting me.
Head unit is the high line with SatNav using the original 4:3 bord monitor but with the upgraded Mk4 Nav unit. Hope this helps, if any of the ICe gurus need more info then please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers
-TC
Old 30th January 2008, 23:02   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Welcome to the Club Mindenman.
Plenty on here to keep you busy for some time.
I have moved this thread to the ICE section to get More exposure from People who know what there doing, Obviously not me!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 21:25   #5
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

Hi TC,
Have you connected the Gateway to the cd wiring or have you taken the wiring to the radio module in the boot. A gateway 300 was my choice for my i-pod and some members will be aware that I had ordered one to be fitted just after Christmas. It has'nt happened as yet for several reasons but when I discussed simply replacing the CD my man was adamant that to do it properly the wiring would have to be run into the radio module in the boot. (in my case a BM24)

You may find some help on the Bimmernav forum, they have an EADS(dension) thread in which a wizard by the name of Tom answers all technical queries.
In the meantime, if I make any progress with mine I'll keep you posted. HTH

REgards
Old 1st February 2008, 10:12   #6
Mindenman

MG ZT 190 2005

Default to the CD and beyond!

Hi John;
I've used the CD (multichanger) wiring to attach to the 300. I disconnected the plug underneath the glove box and used ye olde spade connectors to connect the gateway. Apart from the fact it is not working correctly it looks neat, tidy and great.

I use the iPhone as my player and have pruchased a phone cradle with a window sucker on it from Halfords. The iPhone fits in it a treat and the cable for it comes out of the glove box up to the cradle.

Thus I have my tunes and phone all in one, I use a standard blue tooth headset. When a call comes in the iPhone pauses the player and I can answer the call, after I hang up the the player resumes.

Now if I could only resolve my niggles I'd be perfectly happy

Oh! I forgot to add that I now have a glove box to put more than just gloves in!
Old 4th February 2008, 08:23   #7
Mindenman

MG ZT 190 2005

Default :(

No ideas anyone? Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
-TC