Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd June 2015, 22:26   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Coming up for 130K

Can anyone help before I make a mess of it….
Just about covered 9K in my 2004 Contemporary SE 2.5 manual. Now had it around 18 months and it was in excellent condition when I bought it although I had to replace the thermostat/belts etc. after taking a closer look and covering my first 1000 miles.
It's always gone to about 2500 revs. on cold start-up but within seconds drops back to around a 1000-1100 and then eventually settles at 750 (which I think is the norm. when at working temperature).
When I did the belts I also purchased an idler valve kit (after reading something here) which was what I thought would fix the cold start issue (overfuelling that might be due to a tired flapper valve) - and I've now got around to fitting it!!
My question - if the internal valve body is contaminated and needs cleaning do I take any particular care i.e. throttle body internals often have PTFE type coatings to minimise contamination so solvents or abrasives are no no's.
If the valve does need a clean what is safe/recommended?

Last edited by rab60bit; 24th June 2015 at 13:21..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote