Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th May 2016, 18:24   #5171
Goldyy
Avid contributor

Skoda Octavia

Had a battle with the rear parcel shelf so that I could repair the sun blind. Somebody had been there before me and set it up wrong,stripped it,reset the motor and rebuilt it. Another battle getting the shelf back on but it's all working OK now. Bring on the summer.
Goldyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 18:29   #5172
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzleTC View Post
Nope! Had it in reserve for a while!
Someone outbid me by £1.32....so close yet so far lol

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 18:37   #5173
Davy
Avid contributor

suzuki vitara

Today i got it wrong and reversed in a multi storey car park in Bishop auckland and damaged my front wing and drivers door.Will now have to find a wing oops.

Davy
Old 17th May 2016, 12:58   #5174
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Today I fitted new Bosch Aero blades to the ZT and wiped the dust off my newly refurbished wheels
IMG-20160515-WA0001_resized.jpg
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 15:05   #5175
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Today I discovered a large pool of oil below the car and found that the crank oil seal has gone Oh joy. Really happy. Ha ha ha
Old 17th May 2016, 15:23   #5176
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

As I had the day off I drove my dad to work and said I would change the seat squab over as fluid from a water catcher bag had ruined the seat.

The car is now without the back squab until I clean the back end up( feeling tender so binned that off for now)

Anyway here are some better pictures.

How it should look

What its like now(I dont think we can save it)

thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 00:42   #5177
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Today I fitted my brand new dark oak steering wheel, wired up my steering wheel controls to my tablet and sorted out a USB connection in my glove box so I can plug an external memory stick/hard drive to transfer files to and run movies on my tablet.

My interior is coming along nicely and I can't wait to fit the sandstone centre console and trim from my donor car along with some black leather heated seats.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 15:57   #5178
nutmeg69
Avid contributor

MG ZTT 180+SPORTS AUTO

Thumbs down wet bits

today i went for a drive to the shops and noticed for the first time a little wet/damp patch on the far right of drivers footwell and some damp around boot release button...so got home...looked on forum ...did some reading then went out in the p***ing rain and shoved a miniture drain rodder in two of the accesible plenum drain thingys as they were blocked...fingers crossed
pete.
Old 18th May 2016, 16:33   #5179
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Checked the rear brakes/handbrake shoes following the rear end rebuild I did about a month ago. I was getting a slight creaking noise when getting out of the car with the handbrake applied, which made me suspect the shoes may have come adrift in the disc/drum. I jacked up the rear of the car - checked the handbrake adjustment. This was fine - very slight rubbing at both wheels with the handbrake off - more drag at one click, but wheels locked at 2-3 clicks on both sides. Perfect balance between wheels. I whipped the caliper and disc off on one side to check everything was in place- all looked fine, with the shoe springs/pins and adjusters all correctly in place. I checked the backplate on the other side, and the brake shoe pins are firmly in place in the slots in the backplate. Put istall back together.

I think this creak or noise when getting out of the car must just be the shoes moving slightly on the backplate as some weight is taken off the springs. I think someone commented on here the other day - all that holds the shoes in place are the retaining springs/pins and the cable link, all of which can move about a bit. The adjuster is free floating - it might have been better if they had made the adjuster bolted to the backplate (like on my MGB) so the shoes cannot move about.

Anyway, I am happy the rear end is all sorted - next job is to rebush the front end (drop links, rear wishbone bushes, ARB bushes) to try to deal with the knocking over bumps from the front end. The parts are sitting on the bench waiting to be fitted. I'll try to take some pictures of the front end rebush to help others who might be attempting this job.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 16:38   #5180
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I had the joy of removing my alternator has it had failed on my V6, it's now being rebuilt by the local auto electrician shop I've used for years, it'll be ready on Friday so I've got the joy of putting it all back together again over the weekend.....the bleeding & battered knuckles should have healed before then.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote