Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th August 2019, 05:56   #71
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

A family member who lives on the outskirts of London bought a Audi e-ton last year. He has only used £60 worth of petrol in 9 months. The rest of the driving has been all on battery power.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2019, 09:12   #72
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
A family member who lives on the outskirts of London bought a Audi e-ton last year. He has only used £60 worth of petrol in 9 months. The rest of the driving has been all on battery power.
I thought the etron was all battery?

Spent £60 on petrol in nine months and cost them a minimum of £70k for the etron
How many miles covered in 9 months and is that creeping around town and/or at motorway speeds?

Would be interesting to know the electric cost over this period to charge the car ?

Which magazine claiming that the Nissan Leaf cost between £600-800 a year for electric charging. Now theoretically if you had solar panels fitted in your house you might be able to reduce that cost, but you still have to factor in the cost of purchasing the solar panel too.

Last edited by Lovel; 17th August 2019 at 10:39.. Reason: Clarity
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2019, 21:40   #73
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
There are now more charging points than fuel stations in the UK https://insideevs.com/news/365439/mo...fuel-stations/
Not 'round here there isn't!
Old 17th August 2019, 22:49   #74
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
I thought the etron was all battery?

Spent £60 on petrol in nine months and cost them a minimum of £70k for the etron
How many miles covered in 9 months and is that creeping around town and/or at motorway speeds?

Would be interesting to know the electric cost over this period to charge the car ?

Which magazine claiming that the Nissan Leaf cost between £600-800 a year for electric charging. Now theoretically if you had solar panels fitted in your house you might be able to reduce that cost, but you still have to factor in the cost of purchasing the solar panel too.
It's a one-year old Audi hybrid - I am not an Audi man/fan so haven't looked up which model.

(Addendun: I was correct - the A3 e-tron was available as a PHEV until November 2018.)

Cost of electricity - I believe he pays £7/week for membership at a local fast charging station and the actual charging is free.

Irrespective of the cost of the car, which is more about chosen lifestyle than necessity, the point here is that there are use scenrios where full electric or hybrid vehicles make a lot of sense e.g. replacements for the equally expensive Range Rovers and equivalents that form the crawling traffic in cities.

Last edited by MSS; 17th August 2019 at 22:59..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote