Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2022, 17:12   #31
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Hello again Dougie, If you plan on replacing road springs, I understand that eBay seller 'best_of_british_rover' sell MGR original spec stuff. If they have any, they might be cheaper than Rimmer for example.
Thanks. In fact, I researched several spring manufactures specs in depth and found that Suplex actually produce OEM-spec springs to most CI codes. They were the only brand which produce the exact dimensions and rating for the ones I needed (REB000480 PT/JT Purple/Brown, Suplex #28145). Unfortunately, the Autodoc German group had none in stock, neither did Rimmers, and nor were there any on eBay (there are plenty on eBay quoting that REB number but all without fail were not specced for it. Trust me - I went through them all ). Rimmers is only about 6 miles from me so I popped over & Will got his shovel out & dug into their system. Lo and behold - on their internal stock system, they were showing 2 pairs of OEM in stock at £97 a pair!! Neither of us believed they would be OEM at that price but he dug them out and found they were in fact... Suplex 28145 - exactly what I needed. They've had them for ages and he didn't know why they weren't on the website. Anyhoo, I snatched them from his hands, threw my debit card at him, and ran away.

Stripped out the wrong springs yesterday and set about compressing the new heavier ones. My godfathers - they are BEEFY. My four compression clamps just wouldn't do the job so this morning, I took them over to Mr Tyre and had them do them on their machine. It took them 1hr 10 mins and much swearing which pleased me greatly. Best £18 I've spent for a long time. Got 'em back on today & went back to have the tracking checked which was still bob-on.

The car handles much sharper when pushed round bends - not that it rolled before but it's clearly firmer now. AND it no longer kisses the tarmac on the lanes. Hoorah.

I'm in no hurry to sort the high rear end out as it's not causing any issues but I will in due course.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 139,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote