Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th July 2008, 20:54   #11
Rincewind
Loves to post

MINI Cooper S Works (Superchardged not Turbo!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
Shouldn't be sold as a normal car, as it wouldn't be type approved.

Normally in current times, manufacturers don't sell development cars that might contain development parts. Imagine if a part failed and caused a crash. The door would be wide open for lawsuits.

Of course if the company no longer exists, who would you sue?
The car is type approved as a car as this will have been built down the production line as a donor car. What won't be approved is the Powertrain - all a bit confusing.

I actually spoke to the owner at Christmas about the car and he's never had a bad day with it ever apparently which makes me think that it was one of the very late build cars that would have been close to production spec all bar some of the callibration bits (cold start etc) but the only reason he's not keeping it is because he hasn't got room and it's now too big for his dad.

decent chap IIRC and possibly a "decent" car. Surprised it's not gone to be honest but then again, I'd steer a bit clear of it unless it goes for a silly price then it becomes a bargain!

Nic

The difference is, when you shout, "Where's my clean socks?", no-one answers

MGR stories, MGR help and advice all available at no extra cost !

The Two Sixties - it's a V8 thing ... Honorary Member and Puddle of V8/4/6cyl Knowledge et al.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come see who I work for at www.vca.gov.uk without us, the world would be a right mess!
Old 11th July 2008, 21:10   #12
stef_uk
Gets stuck in

ZT75

would it not be possible to throw a m47 back in it? if its cheap enough...or do you think its been hacked about to much?
Old 11th July 2008, 23:22   #13
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstoneboy View Post
A Rover tradition that development cars are sold off - certainly the old independent Rover Co did with some, allegedly, coming out the back door.

Always think it a shame when there are pictures of development cars that were then crushed. So much nicer to be able to explore them.

Paul
I can remember a certain Metro that came into the family in this manner - it was as quick as a Turbo yet was allegedly 'only' a 1.3S!

Follow The Club On Twitter
Old 12th July 2008, 09:01   #14
cjmillsnun
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi & MGZT+ CDTi 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef_uk View Post
would it not be possible to throw a m47 back in it? if its cheap enough...or do you think its been hacked about to much?
Would be cheaper to get another 75 that already has an m47 in it!
Old 12th July 2008, 09:06   #15
GerryT
Avid contributor

MG ZT+190

We have a Scudo van with that lump in it at work and i must say it goes like the clappers.

Also i think its the same engine that you find in Astras and Vectras, there is a box of tricks for these that bring it up to near as dam it 200bhp, now would'nt that be fun

Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI 16V 150PS 110 / 150 PS 132 / 205 PS 320 Nm 422 Nm V-Max 195 V-Max 205
Old 12th July 2008, 09:43   #16
ace1977lan
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI 135 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryT View Post
We have a Scudo van with that lump in it at work and i must say it goes like the clappers.

Also i think its the same engine that you find in Astras and Vectras, there is a box of tricks for these that bring it up to near as dam it 200bhp, now would'nt that be fun

Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI 16V 150PS 110 / 150 PS 132 / 205 PS 320 Nm 422 Nm V-Max 195 V-Max 205
My wife has a Astra 1.9 CDTI 150 bhp, but now it has 200 bhp ! Very very quick car now, a Focus ST driver was very surprised when he tried out accelarate me not so long ago. One thing I would say is its a very noisey engine even when warmed up the M47R is far quieter and smoother.
Old 12th July 2008, 11:30   #17
anglaslt
Loves to post

R75 V8 and XPower SV-R

Apart from this Fiat engined 75 tourer, which as Nic says was advertised previously, the only others that I'm aware of are a LHD 75 slaoon in BRG and a LHD tourer (or maybe ZT-T).
Brown and Gammons had both these cars and had sold the LHD tourer to a customer in Belgium.
I seriously considered buying the LHD car which was virtually unused but took sound advice and decided against. A car with potential cold start problems is not what I need here :lol:
Tom

The Two Sixties - It's a LHD V8 thing too......................

SV Club supports all Ford powered MGs......................... Membership Number 112
Closed Thread