Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th May 2022, 19:06   #10
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savestones View Post
Amazing! Will check the brushes once I get to the condenser fan. One quick question: reading on the forum I hear that the metal tabs holding the motor plate are difficult to remove without breaking/disturbing the front bearings. Do you carefully bent them with pliers or something?
the tabs are ok if you treat them with care. mine were ok. the bigger problem was the mounting screws for the motor to come off. mine were well seized in place and were a challenge to release. there is a link on here for the brushes of where to buy from. they are the only ones that last. The cheap stuff on ebay are a waste of space and you will be back in there renewing the bushes again . simon may be able to give you a link for purchase of them, as i cannot remember where i bought them from, but they are recommended. if you have a large soldering iron it helps , as the heat dissipates when soldering and i had to buy a larger one . !! ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote