Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2016, 14:49   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Spring/damper code reading

Not exactly a new thread but as I've got the rear seat out at the moment (very wet sound insulation in the N/S seat belt anchor area) I've just taken a pic. of my rear pan label for future reference and from the info. I've just turned up here it might as well be Mandarin.
Can someone very bright work out what this code breaks down into:
RJCLLE4D324561
or have I snapped the wrong label!
I believe it's supposed to be Sports suspension (2004 2.5 Contemporary SE HL saloon manual + 17" Meteors) but the original rear springs (those on the car when I got it at 108K with nothing in the well documented history to suggest any earlier replacement) were changed last year
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 15:52   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

This is the label (courtesy of 'Mike'):

The codes are listed individually and referenced with the MGR codes/part numbers:

But I don't understand the label. It's all gobbledegook to me.

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 21st February 2016 at 15:58..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 08:28   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanks, that solved the mystery (and my self esteem is somewhat restored) - all the CI Code stuff is missing, the label is intact but the data has gone west…….perhaps a much closer look might reveal something
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 13:17   #4
peebee

MG ZT-T 190+

Hi guys, maybe stupid question: where should be located the spring code sticker on ZT Tourer ?? I removed all the rear seats and found nothing similar. It's a facelifted ZT-T 190+, of course with broken RQ brown springs, but bought second hand, so I'm not sure these have not been replaced by the previous owner for something "in stock", instead to springs with original codes, so I would rather buy the right ones (the same has happened with rear brakes, instead vented discs they were fitted thin solid ones from 75, they were probably cheaper or in stock). Many thanks.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2020, 14:39   #5
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
Hi guys, maybe stupid question: where should be located the spring code sticker on ZT Tourer ?? I removed all the rear seats and found nothing similar.
The sticker was stuck to the metal floor panel underneath the thick soundproofing pad. So, lift rear seat and lift the floor covering. I can't remember which side it's fitted - maybe it varies. They certainly deteriorate, so after fifteen years plus, it could have disintegrated.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 15:18   #6
peebee

MG ZT-T 190+

Thanks T-Cut, I finally found it, just in a slightly different size or shape, at the facelift time maybe they have had to save on paper ... unfortunately it's quite faded out, but exactly the last RQ is relatively readable, so finally I know what spring type to buy. thx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CibtajzCZU-U15ylsbI_FiFlzQD63Iws/view?usp=sharing
sorry, I don't know how to place the whole image here ..

Last edited by peebee; 18th September 2020 at 15:22..
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 16:28   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
Thanks T-Cut, I finally found it, just in a slightly different size or shape, at the facelift time maybe they have had to save on paper ... unfortunately it's quite faded out, but exactly the last RQ is relatively readable, so finally I know what spring type to buy. thx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CibtajzCZU-U15ylsbI_FiFlzQD63Iws/view?usp=sharing
sorry, I don't know how to place the whole image here ..
You seem to have most of that info on that sticker. Make a note of it and add the info to your handbook or paper work for the future

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote