Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd August 2023, 10:20   #1
DRC66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 and 75 Tourer

Default Advice Help Urgently Needed

I have a 1999 2.5v6 ‘launch car.’ A couple of years ago the abs modulator went and I was fortunate enough to get a second hand modulator from Dave Lincs who was scrapping a launch car.

My car is automatic and has traction control and this is where the problems start.

Abs modulators with traction control are the proverbial ‘hens teeth.’

The one I got from Dave, which is the same age as the one it replaced is playing up now. I went to get it refurbished by BBA Remanufacturing Ltd in Kent last year but they managed to source me a new old stock one from Germany.

The garage I use went to fit the ‘new’ one last weekend and it’s not working properly. No pressure to rear brakes at all I’m
told. I went to contact BBA Reman today and they’ve gone bust. Spoke to the liquidators!

I now have a car with no brakes at all. I know Rimmer Bros sell abs modulators WITHOUT traction control. They do ones with traction control for diesel models but I’m led to believe they aren’t interchangeable to petrol models.

Do I fit a non traction control abs unit so at least I get my car on the road again? If so how easy is it to switch the traction control off?

Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2023, 12:30   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

The traction can be removed by altering the zcs coding with t4, I'd fit a standard one and go that way, you can always recode it back if you find a suitable modulator in future.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:17   #3
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default One solution is to change your cars SA Code.

Sorry to hear about your problem

One solution is to amend your cars SA code (part of the ZCS Coding) to delete the Traction Control facility,. Then, you could use your non-compatible traction control ABS modulator.

I recall that I discussed this some time back during a phone call with a UK friend – he had done this successfully. If I don’t respond to any reply, please understand that I may not be aware of it as my communications are usually by phone - more secure than the web as I discovered after a UK club’s security lapse that allowed my details (and many, many others) to be “switched” to a spammer.

Best of luck in getting your car back on the road.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2023, 15:52   #4
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Takes about 10 mins to code it out including booting the T4 up. You can fit a diesel ABS pump, if you can get one with TC second hand you can fit it and it will work fine.

But I'd just go for fitting a normal pump and coding it out as the traction control is extremely basic and not particularly great. If you need traction control on a V6 then you need better tyres
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:47   #5
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

I've just scrapped my daughters 2004 V6 automatic with traction control, it's in Albert Looms breakers in Derby if that's any help.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2023, 10:25   #6
DRC66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 and 75 Tourer

Thanks for help and advice. Greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of a t4 in the central Scotland area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote