Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2017, 16:15   #1
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Question Phillips VDO CD 5404MP3X Connections help

I lifted one of these units from a car in a scrap yard and also removed ( cut from the wiring loom) the three connectors ( plus few inches cables) attached to the units rear. Two of the connectors are standard ISO - but the third (uppermost) is a three section beast.
Now , the 75 I aim to install this in has a a Harmony unit with standard Harmony rear connector. I can buy an adapter ( just ordered one off EBay) to plug into this connector which provides me with two standard ISO connectors ( which I can then , presumably ) plug into the rear of the 5404MP3X . Problem is I have no idea at all what to do about the additional (uppermost) socket area . I have found a diagram that suggests there three wiring sections for this associated with :-
• CD Changer Line-In
• Remote control
• Line-Out
I have a feeling I do not need this connector /plug at all but I’m really not sure what these three aspects above are ? Will the unit play CD’s , Radio etc with nothing connected into this strange , upper connector area?
Before I bought the 75 I aim to install the 5404MP3X in , I am pretty sure it was used as a Taxi since there was a small connector on wires in the tray just below the gear knob. These wires are red , black , yellow and I traced them back , past the Harmony unit and over towards the steering wheel direction. I have a feeling they may relate to the Remote controls on the Steering wheel - which no longer work! I am not bothered about this since I could operate things perfectly well by using the controls directly on the 5404MP3X - IF I can get it working.

Any help much appreciated.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 20:15   #2
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Send a pm to Jeff (coolcat) mate
He's the one to advise on this imho
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 05:16   #3
Roverlike
Avid contributor

Rover, few of them

Three connectors you have on the back are standard ISO A, ISO B and the problematic one to you is ISO C connector consisting of three connectors in itself, usualy in yellow, green and blue colours.

Your head unit will work fine without any connections to ISO C connector. ISO A connector is responsible for power part, while ISO B is responsible for speakers part.
ISO C connector deals with accessories outside of the head unit, depending which of these accessories your head unit supports. One of them may be remote controls.

Since you say you have problems what seems to be the problem? Did you connected ISO A and ISO B connectors and head unit still does not work?
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote