Originally Posted by sworks View Post
i printed a form off Canon's web site
I can't find it anywhere

Have you got a link please?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:14   #12
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

i will go and have a look now as i still haven't sent them an email
http://canon2007promotions.onlinereb...uk&view=promos

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 3rd October 2007 at 19:23.. Reason: extra info
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:51   #13
Simon
Banned

-

Canon are notoriously slow at responding and honoring the cash backs on their products. To be sure that you cannot fail, ensure that you fill in every single last detail asked for on the application forms and then double and re-double check everything. Include everything they ask for and then check you really have included everything. Put it in a securely sealed envelope and get it sent by Special Delivery. Get a tracking number and keep it safe. When your envelope has been received make a note on the day on which it was received and at the earliest opportunity get a copy of the signature (from Royal Mails website) of the person who signed for your package at Canon.

This will stand you in good stead for any battles and telephone calls/emails/letters you may have to enter into in order to see that your rebates are successfully honored in good time.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:40   #14
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
Canon are notoriously slow at responding and honoring the cash backs on their products. To be sure that you cannot fail, ensure that you fill in every single last detail asked for on the application forms and then double and re-double check everything. Include everything they ask for and then check you really have included everything. Put it in a securely sealed envelope and get it sent by Special Delivery. Get a tracking number and keep it safe. When your envelope has been received make a note on the day on which it was received and at the earliest opportunity get a copy of the signature (from Royal Mails website) of the person who signed for your package at Canon.

This will stand you in good stead for any battles and telephone calls/emails/letters you may have to enter into in order to see that your rebates are successfully honored in good time.
My god - I'm wondering if it's really worth the bother for £50.

Thanks for finding the link though
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 06:42   #15
black olive
I really should get out more.......

260 SE vin 214 ( last mark 1 260 )

depends how much you've got stashed under the matress paul
black olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 18:54   #16
DavidJ
Avid contributor

MG6 & MG TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post

I agree 100%, and bear in mind recorded delivery of a letter to Southern Ireland is International Postage rates = £5.00!!! I had a real mare getting the rebate for my 30D, but I was well compensated the final tally was £150 instead of the published £65 - don't ask me why, they are incompetent is the only conclusion I could make!
DavidJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 20:12   #17
mattthetourer
Regular poster

mg zt t

Olympus are doing £50.00 off their SLR am tempted.Like the dust removal feature and live view screen.
mattthetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 21:15   #18
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

I got a reply saying i had emailed the wrong department! I said there wasn't an email address for Ireland where the form was sent, they said they would pass it on1 doesn't sound to promising

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 6th October 2007, 19:39   #19
DavidJ
Avid contributor

MG6 & MG TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I got a reply saying i had emailed the wrong department! I said there wasn't an email address for Ireland where the form was sent, they said they would pass it on1 doesn't sound to promising
Phone them, Ireland 1850 930 278.

Worked for me!
DavidJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 17:20   #20
sworks
Been absent for a while…

I had forgotton all about this! had the camera a few months now and still no reply - will phone the above number this week.