Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2020, 11:54   #1
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default Canbus 501 sidelights

Hi everyone,
Since I've installed 6000k xenon bulbs, I've been wanting to get led sidelights because even though I have "white" halogen sidelights they look horribly yellow compared to the xenon projectors I've bought 3 different kinds of supposedly canbus leds so far and they either flicker and trigger a bulb failure or they are simply too large to fit in the unit does anymore know some that work in the 75 ?
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2020, 12:38   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

These are what I've used successfully over the years, before I fitted a canbus holder
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W...gJJh0TJ1cv8DZA
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-50...EAAOSwSVRdX3gG
With the holders you can fit any led
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2020, 18:37   #3
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
These are what I've used successfully over the years, before I fitted a canbus holder
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W...gJJh0TJ1cv8DZA
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-50...EAAOSwSVRdX3gG
With the holders you can fit any led
Bought a pair of these LED bulbs from Ebay on Monday, arrived this morning and fitted them dinnertime at work. Drove home this evening through the lanes, headlight started flashing, turning off and back on erratically within one mile, bulb failure warning constantly flashing up on IPK Got home, refitted standard bulbs I had removed at dinner time (glad I didn't throw them away!), took car for a drive - all back to normal, guess my car doesn't like them (I have quad Xenon headlights fitted, car originally had standard Xenon headlights - Mk 1 conn SE tourer). Not overly impressed, although I suppose I could just have been unlucky and got a rough bulb?
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2020, 18:48   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
Bought a pair of these LED bulbs from Ebay on Monday, arrived this morning and fitted them dinnertime at work. Drove home this evening through the lanes, headlight started flashing, turning off and back on erratically within one mile, bulb failure warning constantly flashing up on IPK Got home, refitted standard bulbs I had removed at dinner time (glad I didn't throw them away!), took car for a drive - all back to normal, guess my car doesn't like them (I have quad Xenon headlights fitted, car originally had standard Xenon headlights - Mk 1 conn SE tourer). Not overly impressed, although I suppose I could just have been unlucky and got a rough bulb?
Wonder if the quad xenons have anything to do with it?
Might just be unlucky
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote