Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st August 2017, 09:16   #21
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Really sorry to hear of your accident. Absolutely gutting when something like that happens - you have my sympathy.

Can't really add much to the excellent advice already given, but would just reiterate, Don't let your car out of your sight. Remember, it's your car, not theirs. When my Baby was hit a few years back, I informed my insurance co first, but ended up claiming through the other partys company. Once the claim had been finalised, I informed my insurance company and they commented: "you did well, we wouldn't have paid that much". As Avulon says, they are NOT on your side!

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 09:35   #22
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Very pleased to hear you are ok .
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 19:40   #23
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

Thank you again to everyone who has posted advice and/or good wishes. Your support is appreciated more than words can express.

The good news is that the owners of the lorry, or their insurance company, have accepted liability. The bad news is that my car is still deemed a write-off, and they are only offering £500. I think that is an insult, although it partly reflects the recorded mileage of 154,000.

What also surprises and disappoints me is that, although the third party is accepting liability, my insurance company still wants to deduct the excess from the amount they pay me. They also want to deduct a further £100 if I keep the car.

I shall be taking legal advice tomorrow. Watch this space!

Last edited by Charles; 21st August 2017 at 19:45..
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 18:33   #24
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

Default Surrexit alleluia!

I am delighted to report that the repairs to my beloved car have finally been completed, the cost being almost entirely funded by the company whose driver caused the damage. Thank you to all those who kindly posted advice and sympathy, and to Andy's Autos of Clifton Moor, York, for doing a wonderful job at a very reasonable price.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 18:44   #25
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

So good to read your news and hopefully your car is restored to its former standard.
Regards
Telfer.
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 19:41   #26
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Good to hear that Andy is still going and has sorted your car, I saw him a couple of times back in 2011 when I lived in York, I think he hadn't been going long then (ex-MGR mechanic).
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 21:11   #27
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I am delighted to report that the repairs to my beloved car have finally been completed, the cost being almost entirely funded by the company whose driver caused the damage. Thank you to all those who kindly posted advice and sympathy, and to Andy's Autos of Clifton Moor, York, for doing a wonderful job at a very reasonable price.
Excellent , makes a nice change to hear of a car actually being repaired rather than written off ,which is just so easy nowadays
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 17:16   #28
chambl01
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default Great news

Quote:
Great update. So happy you can still enjoy her. Their are some good guys out there. Well done mate.
chambl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 20:05   #29
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:

What also surprises and disappoints me is that, although the third party is accepting liability, my insurance company still wants to deduct the excess from the amount they pay me. They also want to deduct a further £100 if I keep the car.
Glad to hear the cars been repaired and returned to its original condition; I take it you told your insurers where to go over the deductions. Name and shame these money grabbers!

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote