Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th April 2018, 15:35   #1
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Default Fleet update!

Well unbelievably it's now 3 years since I sold my ZT-T and I still miss it, really wish I'd kept it as part of my 'collection' but at the time I didn't have the storage........certainly isn't a problem now! Anyway I've also just parted with the Mercedes as well which was a bit heartbreaking, had 3 very enjoyable years in that car and did 30,000 miles however sadly it had way more then it's fair share of problems, mainly with the hybrid system and given that only main dealers can repair that I just couldn't risk keeping it out of warranty. To be honest after 3 years with the same cars, no matter how good they are I was starting to get a little bored so............

The C-Class is gone

My Rover Sterling is finally back on the road!!!!! Really pleased about this as it sat in storage for almost 5 years and anyone who knows the story of this car will know why it means so much to me.

We have the SLK......posted another thread about this but really enjoying it still however must stop using it as my daily driver as she has quite a thirst!

We still have the Mini, which is a surprisingly fun little car although being a diesel and given what's happening to diesel values at the moment I'm seriously considering it's future in the fleet!

And finally we now have an Evoque! She's a 65 plate HSE, very nicely spec'd and with only 13,000 miles on the clock. My company actually acquired it new a couple of years ago however for various reasons it's now my daily driver......except that it isn't as Mrs Guru has already laid claim to it

And that's it! After 3 years of not much happening it's been a crazy month for car changes. I don't mind the Evoque although I find it a little bland and whilst I'm enjoying the SLK the car I'm most thrilled to have back in service is the Sterling, really missed driving that car and whilst she's never likely to be a daily driver again it's nice just being able to jump in it to take it for a spin.

If anyone's interested I've also updated my slightly nerdy car history site @ http://m6jkk.com

Finally I'm always on the lookout for a super low mileage ZT(-T) to join the fleet. I'm thinking something with less the 20k on the clock in almost new condition as I'd love to hang on to one of them long term.
Old 9th April 2018, 15:43   #2
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Welcome back in anticipation of your successful search for a suitable ZT

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 17:02   #3
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default Fleet Update

Think you will find it very hard to find a ZT with less than 20k on the clock, but you may be lucky, and good luck hunting for one.

I am just about to let Blue Moon go, and he has 59k on the clock, and is not used as a daily driver, and the buyer is very impressed with the car, and it has been very well looked after, but like you, I am adding a slighter newer car to my fleet and therefore one of the ZTs has to go, as I only have maximum room for 4 cars

Good luck and keep us updated if you find one, and very much like the cars you have got in your fleet, they all look fantastic

Stu

This is Blue Moon

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 18:49   #4
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Hi, can we have some more pics and back story of the Rover Sterling please.
Old 9th April 2018, 21:07   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
Think you will find it very hard to find a ZT with less than 20k on the clock, but you may be lucky, and good luck hunting for one.

I am just about to let Blue Moon go, and he has 59k on the clock, and is not used as a daily driver, and the buyer is very impressed with the car, and it has been very well looked after, but like you, I am adding a slighter newer car to my fleet and therefore one of the ZTs has to go, as I only have maximum room for 4 cars

Good luck and keep us updated if you find one, and very much like the cars you have got in your fleet, they all look fantastic

Stu

This is Blue Moon

I'm sure Fred Henderson's had a ZT with about 83 miles on the clock in their showroom Stu

Not sure of spec though
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 21:46   #6
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-2-5-V...UAAOSwlJ1axl0H
34k on the clock, but it's not an estate
Old 9th April 2018, 22:57   #7
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 22 View Post
Hi, can we have some more pics and back story of the Rover Sterling please.
Sure, I wrote a bit about it back in 2010 on the Rover 800 forum but in a nutshell my Grandfather bought it when it was around 9 months old direct from Rover and then ran it until he passed away back in 2003. I then 'rescued' it from my Grandmothers garage in 2006, recommissioned it and ran it as my daily driver for a few years before putting it into storage in 2012. It's now back out and slowly being restored to it's former glory. I was very close to my Grandfather and he in turn was a complete car nut and the Sterling meant a lot to him. He actually flew in(and crashed in occupied territory) a Stirling bomber so I think he took it as a sign when he saw the Sterling in the auction and he had to have it. I still have all of the documentation with the car including the receipt from the auction house and the sales catalogue with his hand written notes in obviously made as the cars were going through. Sadly my Grandmother passed away in 2015 and knowing that they both took long trips over to Europe in the car makes it that much more special to me now. There's a gallery of pics on my website (http://m6jkk.com/cars/rover-sterling/)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundsman Willie View Post
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-2-5-V...UAAOSwlJ1axl0H
34k on the clock, but it's not an estate
That actually looks pretty nice and it's local too......might have to take a trip down there at the weekend