Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th December 2019, 01:58   #51
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Snetterton was interesting to say the least! It was actually the first time I'd driven a car without an MG badge on the front so was a little sad. The SLK handled OK but it wasn't brilliant, nowhere near as much of a drivers car as my ZS180 was round the same track however it was a LOT quicker down the straights! Had a problem with the rear brakes which got very, very hot......at one point I really though they were going to catch fire. Didn't realise until after, but not only are they solid discs on mine but as well as being hammered slowing down they were also being used when leaving the bends as the DSC (which you can't properly turn off) was using them to stop the wheels from spinning. Other then that the car ran beautifully until the last bend on the last lap when a whole load of error messages came up.....turned out the alternator had failed which meant a trip home on a recovery truck

I never did take my ZT-T on track however I suspect it would have been a little underpowered. The TF160 was fun but very skittish and liked to spin and explore the greenery beside the track a little too regularly! Favourite was the ZS180 which felt really nimble and was happy to blast round all day without ever giving me grief.