Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th October 2021, 08:19   #31
mbev51
Banned

Removed

The person has just come back from the correze, perhaps different areas have different practices. I have no reason to doubt the information.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2021, 08:27   #32
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
You may have been in France for a number of years in the past. The problem is, you are not there now, and maybe not going there soon? I assume you are still going to New Zealand, so your experience with France and their technical prowess will have absolutely no bearing on entry (not that I have suggested otherwise - it is such a strange comment to make, especially not to mention any other EU country ).

Why not satisfy yourself and move to an EU country, or even Scotland? Reading your comments today and in the past, England really does seem to have it in for you.
It’s not possible to move whilst real oldies are still alive. I’m happy enough to wait for things to improve in this country, although its a possibility that we will move to NZ in a few years time. Problem is you need about £.75 m to be safe and it’s a very expensive country now compared to when we first went 15 years ago. The EU is out, I’ve done that, just would have liked to still be able to do long stays in our campervan as was previously possible.
Old 10th October 2021, 16:35   #33
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Well my wife is gardening today, feels a lot better. I’ve done a lateral flow test each day, all negative. She’s out of quarantine on Tuesday, just my luck to get it another time that would be more of a problem such as before or during a holiday.
Old 14th October 2021, 18:07   #34
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
I know nothing of this Israel study, nor any others really - I have no interest, as a survey will not stop me from contracting it (if it is the country, I am not sure I would trust it). But this is 'only 13 times', it is still not given, however it would be interesting to know the likelihood/comparison of contracting it again after being double jabbed - would you have the jabs if it was 15 times less likely to get it? I am just curious, but in all honesty, I have no feelings on whether people have it or not. I do though object to those not wearing a mask in private and public commercial premises when they are requested, but that is a different discussion lol. Having the jabs is a personal choice, I do though, believe in the benefits of herd immunity, and see the jabs as a 'head start' for an individual's natural immune system to do its thing. With the vaccination provided to be able to do this, and therefore reduce the workload on the health services. There are still many many more dying from the virus than from the vaccination.

Thereason more people are in the hospital suffering from Covid could simply be down to the numbers of those who have had the virus than those who have not. (assuming you mean with Covid, but the headline figures here in NI read the opposite a couple of weeks ago, by quite a margin apparently - although I did not read further into this).

Again though, the vaccination is not supposed to stop anyone from getting it, but simply to reduce the effects of the virus if or when they contract it, and reducing the strain on the health service. Whether the vaccination or herd/natural immunity after contracting the virus has helped reduce the strain I really do not know.

Something to keep in mind though, is that whilst the virus had a manageable effect on you (or any individual), it may be 'received' very differently by someone else. Myself, I reckon I would suffer with and ultimately deal with it, but I know, my mother could not, my father would have difficulty with it. As you say, the vaccination could be a trigger for something else in the future and indeed has been for some unfortunate people, however these numbers are still a massive comparable minority. Future, long term side effects though may be a different story. but I would be quite confident that it will be quite safe - but I still wouldnt complain about someone not having it.

There is only one thing that is guaranteed to work and give rise to a panic.
Pressing the panic butt....
Oh no, that's torn it! Ah well, back to the chicken bones.
On the other hand, I've just returned 1 hour ago from a residential week in hospital, nowt t' do wi' C-C-C-Covid, honest. Really big notices everywhere, 4'X4', in red, with warnings to observe danger at work practices.

See senior staff in closeup huddles with subordinate staff (some unmasked). Incidentally, I successfully passed testing for (neither having been actually infected nor having had it). Attention ye Gods if you are listening, this is not a provocation.

Last edited by wraymond; 14th October 2021 at 18:09..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2021, 09:14   #35
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Over 40k new cases a day. Where is this heading? Why no press conferences to inform us of the situation and what we should be doing.
Old 17th October 2021, 13:59   #36
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Over 40k new cases a day. ...... and what we should be doing.
are you serious? What did you do prior to December 2019, when you were aware of people with a flu, cold, measles, chicken pox, or any other transmissible condition?

Your comment reads like a millennial who has lost their internet connection.

What percentage of that less than 1% of the population have died?
What percentage of that less than 1% of the population ended up in hospital?
What percentage of that less than 1% of the population were double vaccinated?
What percentage of that less than 1% of the population who were vaccinated would have ended up in hospital if they did not have a vaccination?
What percentage of that less than 1% of the population who contracted the virus have now an extra layer of protection?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 17th October 2021 at 14:04..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2021, 16:13   #37
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
are you serious? What did you do prior to December 2019, when you were aware of people with a flu, cold, measles, chicken pox, or any other transmissible condition?

Your comment reads like a millennial who has lost their internet connection.
Sorry but it's more serious than that. Robert Winston, who should know what he's talking about, said last week Covid is not like SARS etc. It attacks every organ in the body: you really don't want to catch it.
Old 17th October 2021, 16:59   #38
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Sorry but it's more serious than that. Robert Winston, who should know what he's talking about, said last week Covid is not like SARS etc. It attacks every organ in the body: you really don't want to catch it.
I am not a denier nor someone who believes it to be a simple flu. It is a serious viral condition.

However, if there is an outbreak of a transmissible disease, any transmissible disease, what do you do? You take reasonable precautions dont you? Limit obvious situations where you would be vulnerable to catching it.

Or do you wait for a government official to tell you not to do something, then perhaps complain when they dont? Meanwhile spreading your misery to those around you, as though it is their fault without looking inward, and using good sense.

Then with the various methods of resistance available to us, be it natural or vaccination, whilst we all will suffer, at some point from the virus or its secondary effects (eg some restictions), we can move forward. Hopefully with minimal effect on the other health services.

Impatience and selfishness, is what will bring us down due to this.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2021, 13:23   #39
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

1st Law. Protect yourself.

There's nothing clever or brave about crazy-on-the-dancefloor. If you are that hedonistic about your personal lifestyle being compromised, don't blame others or call them out.

Fortunately, we all have that choice and each different choice rises or falls on merit. At the moment, the virulent sources of infection are those that are vaccinated, assuming the take-up is what we are being told it is every day. Of course.
Old 19th October 2021, 06:54   #40
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I’ve just done a COVID lateral flow test before going to see my father, unfortunately my mother is in hospital. It would have suited me to have contracted COVID off my wife but it didn’t happen. There’s nearly 50k today tested for the virus, my point is the government should talk to us as we don’t know where we are heading with it. Ignoring the storm clouds will cost unnecessary lives, some think it’s all over. A weekly bulletin not with detailed statistics just what is required to get the info across. It’s a shame the health minister is a finance person rather than a medical one.