Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th December 2021, 20:57   #31
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

I have a niece who works in child protection (yes social services). She has a massive workload and is expected to check and call on some of the most unpredictable and dangerous "clients". If they don't want to let her in there's not a lot she can do about it. You can't lodge a social worker in every under-privileged household in the country. To such people social workers are The Enemy: why should they disclose their miserable and impoverished circumstances? These things will happen again. And again.
Old 8th December 2021, 21:47   #32
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My problem with the BBC is the totally biased reporting, if Boris or any of his cronies have any indiscretions they are hung, Kia { Mr Hindsight ) and his lot can do no wrong. In my view it should be totally unbiased.
Don't know about the TOTALLY biased reporting but bias one way or another will always be with us.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 06:38   #33
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Don't know about the TOTALLY biased reporting but bias one way or another will always be with us.----
Agree with that. I also think that perception of bias depends on where you stand. Personally I generally feel that the BBC is pretty right wing in its reports.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 07:00   #34
mbev51
Banned

Removed

How many parties were there?
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 08:20   #35
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
How many parties were there?
If Cumming's rumours are true 3 or 4 I think....

Got to say it gave me some entertainment watching some of the videos on Youtube last night, Tom Bradbury from ITN News looked massively annoyed and rightly so... He put it simply as "They are laughing at us!!"
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 08:27   #36
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
I have a niece who works in child protection (yes social services). She has a massive workload and is expected to check and call on some of the most unpredictable and dangerous "clients". If they don't want to let her in there's not a lot she can do about it. You can't lodge a social worker in every under-privileged household in the country. To such people social workers are The Enemy: why should they disclose their miserable and impoverished circumstances? These things will happen again. And again.
my post is not about your niece but about child protection but I will use your post.
1. If the work load is too much, escalate to management
2. If social services cannot gain entry to check on the child escalate to management, police, someone to take it further. and keep checking progress
3. If first line management do nothing, escalate to second line and so forth
4. Make sure there is a documented trail

I think the problem becomes when a child or adult is in danger and not seen by social services and nothing/not enough is done about it.

I am sure none of us want to hear again from an enquiry that opportunities were missed or hear again from social services that lessons will be learnt.

I don't work in social services but perhaps what action staff can take needs to be rebrieffed and if there is not a decent course of action... gaining legal entry by force then we need to give them that power. Someones life could be at risk, lets not pussyfoot around, let me see the child/adult or I will huff and puff and blow your house down to gain entry

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 08:38   #37
mbev51
Banned

Removed

This post is about no 20 and Xmas party. I think if anything will turn people against the government is the fact that they have flaunted their own rules. As a population we tend to believe rulers apply to all. The coverup will also add to the unrest.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 09:23   #38
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
my post is not about your niece but about child protection but I will use your post.
1. If the work load is too much, escalate to management
2. If social services cannot gain entry to check on the child escalate to management, police, someone to take it further. and keep checking progress
3. If first line management do nothing, escalate to second line and so forth
4. Make sure there is a documented trail

I think the problem becomes when a child or adult is in danger and not seen by social services and nothing/not enough is done about it.

macafee2

What a wonderfully positive view on emplyment dynamics.
To be fair MissMoppet's post describes the reality.

Ian - you should spend some time in a frontline role to understand how it actually works and the likely outcome of the type of escalation you suggest.

Perhaps spend some time in a trust run school?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 09:28   #39
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
This post is about no 20 and Xmas party. I think if anything will turn people against the government is the fact that they have flaunted their own rules. As a population we tend to believe rulers apply to all. The coverup will also add to the unrest.

Again, this is overly optimistic. All BJ has to do is mention control taken back, leveling up, perhaps throw in a little tax cut to help house prices upwards and he'll regain his popularity in an instant.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 10:20   #40
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
What a wonderfully positive view on emplyment dynamics.
To be fair MissMoppet's post describes the reality.

Ian - you should spend some time in a frontline role to understand how it actually works and the likely outcome of the type of escalation you suggest.

Perhaps spend some time in a trust run school?
Reading between the lines of your post this is my understanding of what you are saying, if one was to escalate they would be in trouble. You have therefore hit a nail on the head as to why we may very well hear again, that opportunities were missed but lessons have been learnt.

I was never sacked but I was spoken to on more then one occasion while working for BT, my approach was to deal myself, if no luck pass to manager, if no result, escalate and so on to GM and even CEO. The last thing I ever did when I left Openreach/BT was to send an email all the way up my management chain highlighting the company attitude but it did include a thank you and a wish the company all the best.

It is every employees responsibility to take their "company" forward is some way.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote