Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th February 2022, 20:02   #31
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

What was all that about in the original post ?

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 20:25   #32
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

It’s not a full moon tonight is it ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 20:31   #33
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I actually paid for 2 months of NowTV, as it was an offer to try to tempt me back. But I was planning to sign up even just for one month, as I wanted to watch the last 7 episodes of Dexter:New Blood. My father had saved them for me (he has an all singing all dancing Sky subscription), but with the work I am doing at the moment, I do not have time to watch it with him, and besides, I dont think he was too interested in it - not having watched the original seasons as I did.

The original Dexter series was fantastic for the most part, although some seasons were a little repetitive, but with enough suspense to keep me watching.

The New Blood series, I thought was quite a good bookender, especially after reading some of the negative reviews of the last episode, certainly much better than the last episode of Dexter, which I thought was a bit of a cop out. There were a few issues with the ending though (of New Blood), in terms of how believable it was, with a lot of assumptions to be made or liberties taken in time scales.
Hi cliff,sorry I didnt reply earlier but have been making myself pretty for my 3 Shandys at my local pub which I do once a week, thank you, you have been a great help to me in the past and i didnt know if your recent response was for or agaist me. but regardless , I thank you for your reply.
Last time I was on the Forum I was unindated with a lot of fruitcakes ,nutcases and time wasters that I could have got better oppinions from my local Bus Stop hence my recent post.Anyway ive taken my Computer to my local Pub,lm currently having my first Shandy .paul
Old 12th February 2022, 20:43   #34
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I got ignored.......I feel left out now
sorry sir ,lt was just missed but thankyou for your reply
Old 12th February 2022, 20:54   #35
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I too am one of those that do know know what has prompted this thread and replies. There must be something that has gone on before. No need to be short with those that have asked.

My initial thought was that it is up to you if you want to be a paid member, there is no requirement. knowledge is freely, generously and kindly shared, paid member or not

macafee2
Thank you for your enquiry/reply however nobody Asked they all just made assumpive responses, hence my logical replies
Old 12th February 2022, 21:00   #36
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
Hi cliff,sorry I didnt reply earlier but have been making myself pretty for my 3 Shandys at my local pub which I do once a week, thank you, you have been a great help to me in the past and i didnt know if your recent response was for or agaist me. but regardless , I thank you for your reply.
Last time I was on the Forum I was unindated with a lot of fruitcakes ,nutcases and time wasters that I could have got better oppinions from my local Bus Stop hence my recent post.Anyway ive taken my Computer to my local Pub,lm currently having my first Shandy .paul
..... and what if you do receive lots of random posts? Online forums are organic by their nature.

Ultimately you ask a question to a group of mainly amateur wannabe mechanics, who have learned both from others and by experience (or both), all in the hope of obtaining free advice. As in conversations within groups of people, in the flesh, they can meander in and out of topic. But the responses are freely given without expectation, nor even thanks expected, on the whole, they are given with the hope of assisting the author.

Just because a topic meanders away from a request or question, does not mean you should take a strop and walk away(although of course, you are free to do so). Whilst it can be irritating and sometimes inconvenient, a little patience and the realisation that any response does not have to affect ones mental stability or health. To avoid such irrelevant posts, the only solution is to take the car with its issues, and pay for a qualified professional to resolve it.

As for whether you pay or not, is entirely up to you, and only you can answer such an irrelevant (to me and to everyone else) question.

Enjoy your beverages, and pay or dont pay (towards the upkeep of the forum), it is up to you - I pay for purely selfish reasons, after trying it without for a year.

PS I wasnt expecting or requesting a reply nor thanks for it lol, just making the point that having a reply, whilst beneficial to confirm the post was read, it has no bearing on my life or mind, and post counts means even less to me.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 21:05   #37
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
..... and what if you do receive lots of random posts? Online forums are organic by their nature.

Ultimately you ask a question to a group of mainly amateur wannabe mechanics, who have learned both from others and by experience (or both), all in the hope of obtaining free advice. As in conversations within groups of people, in the flesh, they can meander in and out of topic. But the responses are freely given without expectation, nor even thanks expected, on the whole, they are given with the hope of assisting the author.

Just because a topic meanders away from a request or question, does not mean you should take a strop and walk away(although of course, you are free to do so). Whilst it can be irritating and sometimes inconvenient, a little patience and the realisation that any response does not have to affect ones mental stability or health. To avoid such irrelevant posts, the only solution is to take the car with its issues, and pay for a qualified professional to resolve it.

As for whether you pay or not, is entirely up to you, and only you can answer such an irrelevant (to me and to everyone else) question.

Enjoy your beverages, and pay or dont pay (towards the upkeep of the forum), it is up to you - I pay for purely selfish reasons, after trying it without for a year.

PS I wasnt expecting or requesting a reply nor thanks for it lol, just making the point that having a reply, whilst beneficial to confirm the post was read, it has no bearing on my life or mind, and post counts means even less to me.
I love that response 😃, don't understand most of it, but it made me laugh 😂

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 21:11   #38
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I got ignored.......I feel left out now
Me too! On the other hand, what do these trolls get out of it, especially when displaying such appalling literary skills.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 21:12   #39
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I too am one of those that do know know what has prompted this thread and replies. There must be something that has gone on before. No need to be short with those that have asked.

My initial thought was that it is up to you if you want to be a paid member, there is no requirement. knowledge is freely, generously and kindly shared, paid member or not

macafee2
Well said, a point proved countless times.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 21:33   #40
Bazzateer

Blind Bambi here. .................................... (no eye deer)