Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2021, 17:36   #51
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

The discs are designed to work under W95 on a 486SX machine running at 25Mhz and having a 128Mb HDD and 16Mb of RAM.

So either do as described by Phil, or run them under a virtual XP machine, or indeed a real XP machine.

Don't expect there to be any action taken to rewrite anything by Xpart, after all the discs still operate perfectly in their intended environment

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 13:24   #52
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I purchased and downloaded a new copy from https://www.downloadworkshopmanuals....anual-download

and then installed the VM from here to run it https://www.vmware.com/products/work...valuation.html

easy to install and run. You can also change the setting before starting the VM to allow printing
Old 20th January 2021, 13:38   #53
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Rave is already on the forum in PDF format.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...=280437&page=2
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 19:29   #54
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

OK, I was the one that started this thread, and thanks to Phil-T4, I did the modification and it now works fine.
Now, on possibly a similar tack, away from Rave, I have a problem with a licenced copy of Acrobat v.5.
This gets a tad long winded, but just for completeness I will go through it all.
Acrobat v.5, I have used it for years, and until this morning it was working perfectly. However, a week or more ago I downloaded some pdf files which wouldn't open with v.5. Not unusual, they were too new. I normally use the latest Reader to - ummm - read them. But in this case, I wanted to combine them, and needed Acrobat to do that. I got a message (I forget the exact wording) which said anything earlier than Acrobat 7 wouldn't open them. So to cut a long story short, my ebay purchase (very cheap) of a brand new/unused/with licence Acrobat v.8 dropped through my letterbox this morning. I installed it; during the install it requested the removal of v.5, which I then did. After install, v.8 would not run. A Google search basically said that v.11 (I think) and earlier, now will not install/open on an updated Win10, though if it is already installed before the update (I don't know which one) it will continue to work. (This ties in with my findings).
My thoughts are that this could be similar to our v.4 problem with Rave; I have tried the same mod from Phil-T4 but no joy with v.8. I've therefore removed v.8, then done a system restore back to this morning. I can now find v.5 is installed again, but it now refuses to open.
1) Has anyone else experienced similar problems, and know of a work around?
2) A work around would be preferred, but if not, then any other program recommended that will allow me to edit pdf files?
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 19:38   #55
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
OK, I was the one that started this thread, and thanks to Phil-T4, I did the modification and it now works fine.
Now, on possibly a similar tack, away from Rave, I have a problem with a licenced copy of Acrobat v.5.
This gets a tad long winded, but just for completeness I will go through it all.
Acrobat v.5, I have used it for years, and until this morning it was working perfectly. However, a week or more ago I downloaded some pdf files which wouldn't open with v.5. Not unusual, they were too new. I normally use the latest Reader to - ummm - read them. But in this case, I wanted to combine them, and needed Acrobat to do that. I got a message (I forget the exact wording) which said anything earlier than Acrobat 7 wouldn't open them. So to cut a long story short, my ebay purchase (very cheap) of a brand new/unused/with licence Acrobat v.8 dropped through my letterbox this morning. I installed it; during the install it requested the removal of v.5, which I then did. After install, v.8 would not run. A Google search basically said that v.11 (I think) and earlier, now will not install/open on an updated Win10, though if it is already installed before the update (I don't know which one) it will continue to work. (This ties in with my findings).
My thoughts are that this could be similar to our v.4 problem with Rave; I have tried the same mod from Phil-T4 but no joy with v.8. I've therefore removed v.8, then done a system restore back to this morning. I can now find v.5 is installed again, but it now refuses to open.
1) Has anyone else experienced similar problems, and know of a work around?
2) A work around would be preferred, but if not, then any other program recommended that will allow me to edit pdf files?
Try this Stewart

LINK

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 10:51   #56
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Thanks for that link. I'm now downloading it to give it a try

Stewart
edit to add, that is the free version. I see they have a Pro version on a massive (yeah right!) offer?

Last edited by StewartIngram; 21st January 2021 at 10:54..
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2022, 15:59   #57
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

It should be noted that the solution with the CMAP and Font folder works a treat, I am running the latest W10 here, no issues.

Im not an Adobe person, and no clue what is in those folders or how it relates to loading in Win10 (old fonts removed from Win10 perhaps so wont load?), but it works a treat.

This is just to prevent anyone else messing with VMs and suchlike, as the original and amazing solution is buried in the thread!
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2022, 16:01   #58
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG75 View Post
Not exactly,however :-

I ordered a disc in February this year. The demo worked, but I couldn't get in much deeper.
Message spoke about issues with Adobe, can't remember in detail.

Returned it to Rimmers, who sent a replacement, by return.
The demo works, and I feel that I get a bit deeper into it, but not much.

This time I also loaded it onto a different laptop, with similar result.

On the first copy, the actual files were all, or nearly all, listed Rover 25.
On the second copy some of them are listed Rover 25.

The CD is clearly labelled as 75 / ZT

Both my laptops are Windows 7

Regards

Mike
Try temporarily setting the computer date to around 2005
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2022, 09:26   #59
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

PSSST you wantin da Raves Señor .

Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote