Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th April 2022, 23:29   #11
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Personally I don't have a huge problem with insurance being based on driving performance. It annoys me that other drivers focusing on messaging etc on their phones or driving drunk then have accidents which increases my premium despite me not having an accident since 1996 and having never got behind the wheel over the limit.

Maybe changing the system will price the idiots off the road.
Old 20th April 2022, 08:13   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Match RISK PROFILE ??

Great. My premium might then be ZERO as I've never had an accident in 69 years using a motorised vehicle on the public roads.---

Statistically, you are probably due an accident. Therefore now a high risk.

Last edited by MSS; 20th April 2022 at 09:01..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2022, 08:46   #13
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Tesla have had this system out on Beta for a few years getting baseline data from all manner of driving styles & their FSD "Full self Driving" system but lots of drivers on that scheme are complaining that they're being given bad scores because of the way roads are marked out.

There's a local junction in town I use regular which turns really sharp right just yards before the halt sign. There is an extended pavement on the lefthand side that follows the road round to the junction where someone parks their car there.
The AEB radar on my MG ZS EV picks it up as I'm braking or regenerating at normal speed up to the junction but swiftly applies the AEB as the radar system thinks I'm going to rear end the parked car because of the line of sight angle. My missus wont use that junction because of it as the warning beeps & sound of the AEB pump it makes is scary to her
Hi Ian,

TH AEB on our trucks were a pain at times also. Every Sunday when i used to go Stansted on my return... Id get to th under pass of th A1 (Id be traveling on A14)... After exsiting th rounderbout it would spot th big regeneration advertisment sign and slam th brakes on. Very disconcertain.

Th worst thing it did was on a duel carrige way in Wales... I over took a HGV and was moving back over when it spotted a cyclist in a cyclist lane and slammed them on again. For th driver behind id just over taken, it must have been horrendous.
Old 21st April 2022, 15:59   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I suspect you have seen many accidents?
I've seen a few and also rescued some folk too.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2022, 19:45   #15
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

If I understand this correctly, due to all the safety features of these new vehicles the insurance premiums will be so low it will hardly be worth charging anything at all.

How does the current level of EV insurance compare to traditional ICE insurance costs ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:08   #16
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
If I understand this correctly, due to all the safety features of these new vehicles the insurance premiums will be so low it will hardly be worth charging anything at all.

How does the current level of EV insurance compare to traditional ICE insurance costs ?
For my wife, who has just swapped a 2018 MG ZS 1.5l petrol manual, for a 2019 MG ZS EV, I think her insurance went up by around £70 a year. So all the extra safety features haven't really helped much. The best safety feature on it, is the fact it's electric and boring to drive so you don't go out in it unless you actually need to, no 'out for fun' drives...

I can't see insurance companies suddenly charging a lot less for premiums, the base line will stay the same, they'll just charge even more for anyone else...
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote