Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd January 2012, 18:55   #11
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

And after another two hours on full charge, the battery is full to bursting but the car doesn't want to know.

To complicate matters, I thought it might be worth checking the immobiliser itself for any signs of damp or corrosion. I have seen posts on other threads stating that the immobiliser is located behind the plastic panel next to the throttle pedal, and the Haynes manual confirms this, so I carefully removed said panel but cannot see any sign of the immobiliser! Someone on another thread said that there is a thick red and white cable going into and out of the immobiliser but I can't see that either! Is there any possibility that the immobiliser could be located somewhere else on my car?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:59   #12
psicobra
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

i might be wrong and probably am but i think the immobiliser is either the same thing that u plug the diagnostic machine into looks similir to a scart cable under the drivers side dash or it is close to it pretty sure thats what the monk borrowed out of mine when he was fixing some one elses car on the T4.

Andy

long list of work done so long cant fit in signature so here is the link
psicobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:22   #13
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

The immobiliser is mounted on the A pillar and is secured by two torx 5 point security bolts.

Access is difficult and requires removal of the lower dash panel and the bracket securing the diagnostic socket.

If the car has a sunroof one of the sunroof drains is located just above it and have been known to leak but as you haven't got one then this rules out as a potential cause of the problem.

If your immobiliser has given up the ghost I may be able to ressurect it if it's not too damaged

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:29   #14
Charles
Avid contributor

Just a thought: I think I read somewhere that the immobiliser recognises the key by means of a coil behind the ignition switch - is it possible that the coil could have been damaged?
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:31   #15
psicobra
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
The immobiliser is mounted on the A pillar and is secured by two torx 5 point security bolts.

Access is difficult and requires removal of the lower dash panel and the bracket securing the diagnostic socket.

If the car has a sunroof one of the sunroof drains is located just above it and have been known to leak but as you haven't got one then this rules out as a potential cause of the problem.

If your immobiliser has given up the ghost I may be able to ressurect it if it's not too damaged

Russ
knew it had summit to do with diagnostic socket lmao

long list of work done so long cant fit in signature so here is the link
psicobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:39   #16
Charles
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post

Russ
I don't like the sound of this. What are torx 5-point security bolts and what would I need to unscrew them?

This begins to sound like a job for someone who knows what he's doing. Sadly, we don't have any Rover agents in York now, for obvious reasons. Obviously, I wouldn't expect anyone to do this as a favour, but does anyone know of anybody in the trade who is near enough to York to come and look at this for me and might be willing to do so?
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:44   #17
craig8661
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 tourer cdt

other thing is check all your fuses i knew of a clio that had a simula problem where it would not deactivate the imobaliser and it was a blown fuse
mods so far synergy 2
heated washer jets
cant really add anything else as it has it all lol
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:47   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Torx keys are similar to Allen keys but are star shaped as opposed to hexagonal. The security bit refers to them having a hole in the middle to allow for a small rod in the head of the bolt so a normal torx key won't fit.

Mike
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:55   #19
Charles
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig8661 View Post
other thing is check all your fuses i knew of a clio that had a simula problem where it would not deactivate the imobaliser and it was a blown fuse
It was a good idea, but sadly, not the right one (yes, I really have been out there in the cold and the dark at 10.30 pm to check - it's getting that desperate).

Looking at the diagrams in the manual, I can't see it being any of the fuses under the bonnet. In the fuse-box conveniently located underneath the glove-box, I've checked fuses no. 7, 17, 26 and 27, all of which appear to be intact. None of the others appears to be a likely suspect - unless anyone knows differently?
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:58   #20
craig8661
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 tourer cdt

well at least it rulled it out for you keep fingers crossed it will be a easy fix
mods so far synergy 2
heated washer jets
cant really add anything else as it has it all lol
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote