Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2013, 11:54   #1
kmtranter
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Default clutch problems

Hi i've just had a new clutch fitted and the mechanic said that the master cylinder had a slight leak, all seemed okay until the other day when the clutch pedal went all the way to the floor. I contacted the mechanic who fixed the clutch and he said the master cylinder needs replacing sooner than he thought but i can lift the clutch pedal up and all seems okay. The pedal only occasionally gets stuck in first or reverse so when moving I can lift the pedal up with my foot and drive okay. Obviously the problem needs sorting sooner rather than later but funds are limited after paying £400 for the clutch, my questions is where can i get a cheap replacement and as its only an occasional problem is it an urgent fix?
kmtranter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 14:12   #2
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

I had a similar problem on my car a couple of years ago and ended up having to replace the entire clutch. As you have already had that done, presumably your problem must lie in the hydraulic system. The only advice I can offer is, have it fixed a.s.a.p. - the problem will not go away, and could leave you stranded at any time (although I see there is now some get-you-home advice on a sticky at the beginning of this forum).
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 14:27   #3
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtranter View Post
Hi i've just had a new clutch fitted and the mechanic said that the master cylinder had a slight leak, all seemed okay until the other day when the clutch pedal went all the way to the floor. I contacted the mechanic who fixed the clutch and he said the master cylinder needs replacing sooner than he thought but i can lift the clutch pedal up and all seems okay. The pedal only occasionally gets stuck in first or reverse so when moving I can lift the pedal up with my foot and drive okay. Obviously the problem needs sorting sooner rather than later but funds are limited after paying £400 for the clutch, my questions is where can i get a cheap replacement and as its only an occasional problem is it an urgent fix?
Hi,

Your mechanic didn't know the weak point is the hydraulic's and so it's a good precaution changing both ends ,
Slave AND master at the same time...:xmas-smiley-022:

Mike
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote