Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th August 2013, 19:19   #1
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

Default problems

i have just got hold of a ztt diesel and i am going over the car getting it ready for the winter period and i am coming across various problems

the first problem i have come across is that the webasto diesel heater did not work when i tried to fire it up. any ideas why it did not work and i do not have a remote for it yet.

secondly there is a bonk coming from the engine bay but i think i already know what it is. i think it is the lower engine mount bushes which are worn out.

thirdly the passenger side headlight seems to be very cloudy not sure if it is internal or external and they are xenon headlights

and i was told upon purchase about the drivers door lock not opening with the fob but opens with the key and closes ok on the fob.

and i have to press the button twice to open the doors and the autolocking closes the door when pulling away but does not open when ignition is turned off so i have to press the open on the keyfob or on the central console

any ideas
simonmgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 19:40   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Hiya, how do you 'fire up' the FBH? I thought they were automatically triggered when outside temp is below 5 degrees or something. My drivers door is the same, will only unlock with the key. Think it needs a new actuator so I'm living with it. The doors opening with 2 clicks is an option you can enable/disable when hooked up to a T4 diagnostic machine, as is locking over a certain speed. The more experienced members will advise on the accuracy/inaccuracy of my post (or not)
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 20:07   #3
oldcarguy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

The speedlocking does just that, you have to open it by centre switch.
How are you trying to start your FBH?
oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 22:13   #4
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmgzs View Post
i have to press the button twice to open the doors and the autolocking closes the door when pulling away but does not open when ignition is turned off so i have to press the open on the keyfob or on the central console
The default setting is that the first press of the key-fob button unlocks the driver's door, second press unlocks the other doors. This can be altered using a T4, so that all four doors are unlocked on the first press if you wish.

As far as I know, once the doors are locked, you do have to unlock them using either the key-fob button or the button on the central console (although each door can still be opened from the inside). The alternative is to have the autolocking deactivated, again using a T4.

Several club members have T4s and there is a list somewhere on the forum.

Sorry, I can't help with the other problems but I am sure there will be those on here who can.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 19:10   #5
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy View Post
The speedlocking does just that, you have to open it by centre switch.
How are you trying to start your FBH?
just by pushing the power button in the drivers tunnel armrest
Old 13th August 2013, 19:36   #6
johnny t
Loves to post

MG ZT 135+/ MG ZT 260

Can you hear the small pump near the rear driver's side wheel clicking when you try to fire up the fbh?
Old 13th August 2013, 19:49   #7
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

no not that I noticed but will try again tomorrow and get someone to stand near the rear wheel and one other thing is that my dad has the same fbh on his rover 75 connie se but no controller to activate it