Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th February 2022, 20:04   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default praise for an insurance company.

My wife was torpedoed on a roundabout. Other driver admitted liability. Contacted Admiral insurance and give them a run down over the phone. Their response, not your fault, you can use our repair company and pay nowt or use your own and pay excess, higher your own car then fight to get money back. Wife chooses to use theirs. Higher car delivered her car collected. 2 weeks later get a call, all done. Other insurance also admits liability.

You never know how good your insurance is until you make a claim, big shout out for Admiral Insurance for making the whole process as easy as 1 2 3

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 20:59   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

good news for a change . !! these days where the fault lies does not make premiums any cheaper, thats why IF POSS i try to avoid claims. the insurance companies class these now with faults either way, as being involved in an accident, and will be reflected in renewal premiums next time.they class it as a higher risk customer to insure. (any way to boost the premium) i realise that in your circumstances you need to claim , but if you get shafted upon renewal ... move on to another cheaper insurer. the best news is that everyone was ok and not injured. thats the main thing. hope all pans out well. ...
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 21:06   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
good news for a change . !! these days where the fault lies does not make premiums any cheaper, thats why IF POSS i try to avoid claims. the insurance companies class these now with faults either way, as being involved in an accident, and will be reflected in renewal premiums next time.they class it as a higher risk customer to insure. (any way to boost the premium) i realise that in your circumstances you need to claim , but if you get shafted upon renewal ... move on to another cheaper insurer. the best news is that everyone was ok and not injured. thats the main thing. hope all pans out well. ...

i think you are spot on, premium will go up but no claims will stay the same. I feel the third party should pay the premium increase. Not just the wifes insurance that may be hiked but mine too as she is a named driver on my insurance

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2022, 16:15   #4
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Indeed the person at fault in my view should pay the extra premium. if its not your fault why should you be penalised. these companies play a game of pay to each other on a daily basis, so to make them both winners , the answer is to hit the customer from both ways !! either way they win out. ... enforced legal robbery im afraid. trouble is we have to have it. .... i hope the repairs went well for you and they did a good job. ....
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2022, 17:55   #5
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

I have been with Admiral since 2009 after my tourer was rear ended and ' written off' by a sleepy Fiesta driver . My insurance company were hopeless and dragged their feet over the fact I wanted to buy the car back to repair, The car had just been paid off over 5 years from new costing me £26,000. They offered me £3000 ! The other driver was covered by Admiral and they kept in touch with me better than my own insurance company and they advised me my insurance company were causing the delays.

I found out a year later on BBC radio 4's Money Box programme the RSA were overinflating their claim costs to the other insurance companies !

I have protected no claims and a couple of years ago I had a bump and admitted liability straight away and spoke to Admiral advising them to just take care of the other driver's damage and that I wouldn't be claiming for myself as the repair was an easy fix on my own car.

I dreaded my insurance premium for the next year and it only went up by £42 !

As they say you only know how good they are when you need to use them

The tourer is still going strong thanks to their strong build
patrolman pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2022, 18:03   #6
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
Indeed the person at fault in my view should pay the extra premium. if its not your fault why should you be penalised. these companies play a game of pay to each other on a daily basis, so to make them both winners , the answer is to hit the customer from both ways !! either way they win out. ... enforced legal robbery im afraid. trouble is we have to have it. .... i hope the repairs went well for you and they did a good job. ....
Be interesting if someone put a marker in their claim over this i.e. you tell the other party's insurer that you intend to claim for increased premium if over and above any extra you thin warranted!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2022, 13:28   #7
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

A few years ago I was with NFU Mutual, my 2 year old Lexus was written off by me, black ice, a dual carriageway and armco do not make a good mix. They were excellent from the start, arranged everything including the hire car for up to 1 month. Even though the Lex was totalled I lost only 2 years NCB, my premium only went up marginally and,they paid out in just 2 weeks.

They are expensive but if you have a problem they are on it, house insurance also, our patio window was broken on the outside pane by my wife mowing over gravel but it was sorted very quick and no increase on premium.

Definitely a vote for NFU.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2022, 14:08   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

We use LV for a couple cars and property. They are not cheap but were absolutely brilliant when one of our cars (not insured with them) was rear ended by a range rover insured by LV.
Old 18th February 2022, 22:22   #9
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

My experience of Admiral was slightly different. I was at the gym and car properly parked in the gym car park. Some NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- in a BMW X3 reversed out of his parking space and drove his towing ball into my bumper. Fortunately another gym member hears the noise and took some photos that showed him pulling away from my damaged car with number plate clear. Good chap realises he did not have a clear shot of the driver so rushed to the car park exit to film him driving away. After thanking the chap, I filed a claim with my insurance and supplied the photos and video clip - all with date and time stamps together with location information.

It turns out the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- was insured with Admiral and he denied he had been anywhere near the gym for months despite photographic evidence to the contrary. Admiral only settled the claim 18 months later, the week before it was due to go to court. My insurance (Privilege) was brilliant getting the car fixed in under two weeks and did not increase my premiums.

I confess I had always thought that Admiral were run by the sexually self sufficient and this only confirmed this opinion
Old 18th February 2022, 22:31   #10
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickoshea View Post
I confess I had always thought that Admiral were run by the sexually self sufficient….
😃 took me a while to work this out, but I had a laugh in the end.🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote