Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2022, 21:59   #1
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default How Germany is handling refugees

Our son lives in Berlin and we heard today how they are tackling the monumentally distressing refugee problem. They're laying on FREE trains from Poland to Berlin. At the Hauptbahn more people are waiting with cars to take them where they like. As of today there are more willing helpers than refugees. Food and clothing is handed out and fund raising is everywhere. It's a sad contrast with our pushing people around from Calais to Brussels to Arras or wherever - filling in 14 page visa forms - unless you can produce a passport: who is going to delve in the wreckage of your bombed out house to find that? Anyone else deeply ashamed?
Old 12th March 2022, 08:07   #2
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

My concern is how the hell we are going to stop the Russian so called leaders from finishing the creation of the no man's land, 600 miles deep. Like the killing fields of WW1, just a mass of shell holes.
KWIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 08:17   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Although government are making it difficult for refugees I can assure you there are "many" in the UK that do not want them.

Last year the news reported a shortage of workers but if these refugees come here they and I say this as a dig at those in the UK, will take our jobs.

It is always easy for those that have food and a roof to begrudge a country taking in refugees. Let them be the refugee and see how thy like it.

Now some questions, how many refugees should we take and should there be a time duration for them to stay?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 09:25   #4
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Although government are making it difficult for refugees I can assure you there are "many" in the UK that do not want them.

Last year the news reported a shortage of workers but if these refugees come here they and I say this as a dig at those in the UK, will take our jobs.

It is always easy for those that have food and a roof to begrudge a country taking in refugees. Let them be the refugee and see how thy like it.

Now some questions, how many refugees should we take and should there be a time duration for them to stay?

macafee2
A couple of very good questions, we need to do our fair share and I have no issues with people who want to come here and do a fair days work for a fair days pay, however these people are in need of help right now. The question I have is once they are here how do we separate the ones who deserve to be here and will contribute to society and how do we get rid of the ones who will sponge off the system and cost our NHS and housing?
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 10:22   #5
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

As much as I agree we need to do more we also need to be carefull we dont end up with a lot of women with children and old people. No men between 18 and 60 are coming.

Sorry if this sounds harsh and I dont mean it to be but we have a housing crisis before all this started.

My suggestion is to allow them in but they must be working within 3 months of this terrible ness finishing or they have to go.

What is needed is someone to go and put a bullit through Putins head.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 10:27   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Ok so how many here on the club would give Ukraine's a room in their house or take a family in, if they have the room ?

I wonder if we will get an honest answer.

An MP was asked the same question yesterday on the news he dodged the question,

Here is my answer No i/we would not in our house, one because of room and another because you do not know whom they are, therefore use up all the hotels that the government were using for the Covid 19 positives that were being used as holding places until you were clear of the virus.

Remove all our own people whom have been waiting on the housing lists for years, and out of the poor homes they live in or at least do a massive refurb on the houses that need it.

But yes who will open their homes be honest if you can

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 12:20   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Ok so how many here on the club would give Ukraine's a room in their house or take a family in, if they have the room ?

I wonder if we will get an honest answer.

An MP was asked the same question yesterday on the news he dodged the question,

Here is my answer No i/we would not in our house, one because of room and another because you do not know whom they are, therefore use up all the hotels that the government were using for the Covid 19 positives that were being used as holding places until you were clear of the virus.

Remove all our own people whom have been waiting on the housing lists for years, and out of the poor homes they live in or at least do a massive refurb on the houses that need it.

I have spoken to my wife about this. I would like to be able to take in a women and up to 2 young children, below 10.
I think we may need financial help to support them.
My fear is being the victim of crime and so that is a reason for no men or older boys.

Talk is cheap, could I go that bit extra and follow through? I dont know, certainly not without help.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 13:44   #8
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post

Ye Gods of course. Thousands have fled from being murdered, have lost everything they've ever owned - possibly their menfolk - and you ask that question? Be a mensch.
Old 12th March 2022, 13:49   #9
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Be a mensch!

Which of course raises the question of just how many you are going to welcome into your home?
KWIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 14:07   #10
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

If we had room yes we would, simply because we have grand/great grand children and I can only hope that someone would take them in given the same situation.
As for trusting people my Mother and Father took in two USAF ground crew in world war 2 who repaid their kindness by stealing most of their valuables and vanishing into the night.
There's good and bad in all races and creeds and I'm sure the majority of the Ukrainian population were just ordinary working folk until a few weeks ago.
Cheers Ian