Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th August 2022, 18:49   #41
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Well I think we can say that our first meet at the new venue went well, we had 21 cars in attendance with a few non 75 or ZT amongst them but that didn't matter and the weather was glorious. I had to go in the Freelander as although I started out in the 75 it kept cutting out and I struggled home and swopped cars

There was not much work done today, as not many people there wanted jobs doing, there was a new rear door actuator fitted, rear seat cushion fixed in properly, and a small amount of electrical work on some halos and not much more but we did get a chance to take in and explore the new venue and everyone I spoke too really likes it, there were drinks available with lights snacks coming soon and certainly in time for our September meet, and hopefully it can soon become our new and permanent home

We did have a 75 V8 in attendance and a ZT V8 with a supercharger fitted by Dreadnought, plus it became an "international" meet as we were joined by Pim and his son Thomas from Club Seventyfive who were in the UK for the weekend for the RoverFest Meet at Milton Keynes on Sunday 7 August.

Pim's car is the silver tourer in the pictures which has covered 363,000 miles and is in remarkable condition for the mileage and a real credit to him, his son Thomas showed us pictures of his Rover V6 190 and his Rover 200 Coupe which also look in outstanding condition and they are both really flying the flag for the Rover brand

I would like to especially thank all those who travelled a distance to get to the meet , I say it every time but with fuel still between £8 and £9 per gallon it really is appreciated when people make such an effort to come and see us.

Dave (Stocktake) had a round trip of 200 miles to come and support us , Bernard came from Evesham and John Aston from Bromsgrove, plus there are probably others who I dont even know about, but a big thanks to everyone who came today however far you travelled and many thanks to Bogbrush for the free pair of Alpine speakers he gave me

We will be there again tomorrow and hope to see some of you there, my pictures from today are below:

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 7th August 2022 at 19:10..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 21:00   #42
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default New Venue

I agree good first turn out, as you say not much really done, i was left twiddling my thumbs most of the day, but made a changed from being manic, :lol: big thank thank you to our fellow crew member Mr stocks (Dave) for bring me the two rear exhausts for the tourer (FOC), i have a choice now to add one and do the other one up and pass it on if someone else needs it at the meet going forward (FOC).

Look forward to tomorrow, do have a few little jobs to help out with but nothing major, big thanks to all those that came it is only with your help and attendance that we can keep going so yes lets use it or lose it as the saying goes

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 22:56   #43
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

See you all tomorrow, although with diesel at £1.85/L, it's £8.41/gallon
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 23:08   #44
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

As Trebor and Artic say, not bad for a first meeting at the new venue. Interesting to have a chat with Pim and his son, both avid Rover/MG enthusiasts. Hope they enjoy their trip to Roverfest Sunday. Nice just to have a chat for a change for Trebor and Artic. Weather was great, hope it is the same for tomorrow. Also thanks for the photo memories to Trebor.
Old 7th August 2022, 17:23   #45
trebor
This is my second home

Well another good day today, less cars with only12 in attendance but glorious sunshine yet again, not many jobs undertaken, Shannon Tube changed on Mick's V6, fixed my airbag light with some switch cleaner in the underneath connector drivers side, some loose and rattling door cards sorted, Scott's electric sunblind investigated as not closing all the way to the top.

We had 26 cars over the weekend which for our first meet was really good, and Karina who runs the on site business was happy to get £5 a car for a total of £130, and she is more than happy for us to continue so looks like we may have a permanent new home going forward into 2023

Once again although only 12 cars , several owners had travelled a good distance to support us, and it was great to see Mick and Tom in attendance as they have not been for a while and Martyn arrived in his classic MG BGT, so big thanks to them and everyone who came over the weekend and made it a success, next one is on Saturday and Sunday 17th and 18th September and hope to see more cars there with more jobs to be done.

My pictures taken on Sunday are below:

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 7th August 2022 at 17:31..
Old 13th September 2022, 12:18   #46
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Nano 17th & 18th September

I will be bringing a few bits with me,
PPD walnut dash, walnut steering wheel with cruise switches, both in good condition.
I think £20 for the dash, £50 for the steering wheel,(or more if you feel generous) proceeds to go in Rob's tin to help funds.
See you soon.
***steering wheel claimed by Mike (Bermudan 75)***

Last edited by dattrike; 13th September 2022 at 17:47..
dattrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2022, 14:51   #47
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Cash waiting for Steve's NUK...
Old 15th September 2022, 23:17   #48
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Come & Join Us

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Cash waiting for Steve's NUK...

Hi Phil.
It's not ready to move home just yet but it is only one day away from the next meet this Saturday * Sunday.

All are welcome hopefully a few of you will come and join us, usual FOC stuff along with a few fans, gold resistors, manifolds, so if you have any worries about your car this could be your last chance this year to get help with it.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2022, 16:35   #49
trebor
This is my second home

I have seen Karina today and all good to go for this weekend, please remember that we all have to pay £5 per car whether you are coming for 1 day or 2, which I will collect once you are inside, and I will give you a receipt to pop in your windscreen so I know you have paid and if you return again on Sunday just pop it back in your windscreen as evidence that you have already paid, anyone camping can also pay me that at the same time, it is £10 per night, nice local friendly pub just down the road, and Karina will be doing sandwiches for any that want to buy

I am unlikely to be coming in the 75 as I am having some issues with it at the moment which I thought I had fixed today with a new crank sensor but still causing problems

Robs Car Gallery

Old 16th September 2022, 19:26   #50
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

All going well, I'll be there tomorrow. My Dad is hopefully coming as well. Might need your help to get on the Midlands nano forum if possible please Rob, Steve. Been a while since I last logged on.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote