Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th August 2022, 15:47   #1
Feret
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Removal of the wooden facade of the dashboard

Hello everyone, pieces of black foam have recently passed through the grids of the central ventilation holes... I deduce that the tightness between the ventilation blocks and the main duct is about to disappear!

I tried to unclip the wooden panel that is under and around the steering wheel, and it seems easy to remove. I also went through the post concerned in the "How to", but the translation into French is very imprecise and is rather dangerous.

I think I understood that you have to unclip the lower part first, to then clear the upper part, but something remains unclear: Concerning the rotary knob of the bypass of the outside air (near the watch), can you disconnect your cable after unclipping the panel, or should you remove this cable by passing your hand under the dashboard? If that's right, it seems complicated to me...

Can someone tell me more about this please ?

Many thanks in advance.
Feret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 18:26   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

The cable disconnects easily with a s.l screwdriver as a lever, it clips in just next to the back of the thumb wheel.

Don't forget the clock wires need to be unplugged too (just pull out the connector from the rear of the clock)

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 15th August 2022, 19:04   #3
Feret
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

The attachment of the air flap cable is pressed forcefully on its axis, and a clamp is needed to extract the plug from the electrical harness of the watch.

This allowed me to see that the dashboard is made of walnut and not plastic, it is a personal satisfaction ... A label says it was made in October 2001 and my car is from July 2002. However, it is a thin sheet of hot-formed walnut, and not a thick piece of 0.5 to 1 cm as on the old Jaguar and on my Triumph 2500 PI!

In fact, it was the foam around the closing flaps of the aeration nozzles that was left in tatters, the one between the aerators and the air distribution duct was in the same condition, but it is held between these two elements.

So I redid everything quite easily and took the opportunity to wash the aerators with active foam and a good rinse, because the shutters tended to grip. It remains to go up, it is generally less easy ...
Feret is offline   Reply With Quote