Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
The Guvnor has spoken

Who will get the first Yellow Card?

Or even A Red Card

In the interests of balance there should be equal space and mention of a green card and a blue card.
Old 22nd May 2014, 23:46   #13
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
In the interests of balance there should be equal space and mention of a green card and a blue card.
What do you have against lilac.....??
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:10   #14
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Very Orwellian Doodles...
Orwell was a very insightful man and writer,mind you I think the pier at Wigan is tad disappointing nowt but a nub! Seriously though one of the best writers of the last century
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:32   #15
Woof25
Passed Away

For those who hark back to the good old days of our grandfathers etc can I suggest reading Robert Tressel,s Ragged Trousered Philanthropist a interesting study in 19th century working practice's and the desire to unionise in order to deal with 'unscrupulous 'employers'
I remember my grandfather talking about having to line up with others after WW1 hoping to get picked for a days work.To clarify I am not advocating revolution I,m just interested inscial history & how history seems to repeat itself I never knew such things such as food banks existed until recently. I hope this post is not deemed political and removed
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:48   #16
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
For those who hark back to the good old days of our grandfathers etc can I suggest reading Robert Tressel,s Ragged Trousered Philanthropist a interesting study in 19th century working practice's and the desire to unionise in order to deal with 'unscrupulous 'employers'
I remember my grandfather talking about having to line up with others after WW1 hoping to get picked for a days work.To clarify I am not advocating revolution I,m just interested inscial history & how history seems to repeat itself I never knew such things such as food banks existed until recently. I hope this post is not deemed political and removed
Here, you are only allowed 3 visits to the food bank for those who have had their basic JSA benefit stopped, more and more for some unbelievable stupid reasons, and then that's it. No more free food for those in desperate situations. And in this day and age
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:17   #17
Woof25
Passed Away

Thanks jay for the info hard to believe its necessary in 21 St century, I know some do milk the system and don't want work,but I believe the majority do want a job I have a friend in mid fifties who desperately wants a job and applies for 15 jobs every week online most don't even acknowledge the application or say not suitable for any reason other than age which of course not allowed to in this anti discriminatory age. Bring back skill based technical colleges teach young people really skills, how many graduates in the arts and broadcasting do we need,we are one of worlds most inventive nations let's show them we still have the skills and workers who like bob the builder 'say yes we can' here endeth the lesson
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:34   #18
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Rules are rules .
Maybe one day this excellent forum will allow debate about the very things that affect our everyday lives .

Yes there are other forums for political debate but as a group should we not be capable of talking politics in a civilized way .

Yes George, you're right. I'm sure we could remain polite and courteous at all times. Most of us do, but some continually push against a closed door and then act all hurt when it gets slammed in their face. It's a shame that a few affect so many on a subject of such everyday relevance.

I think to lose the plot and try to sneak in snide personal remarks shows a very weak argument anyway. Sometimes, from some of the arguments, it's obvious that dogma triumphs over knowledge and some would fall at the first fence in a real face-to-face. Perhaps it's as well we do have the rules.
Old 30th May 2014, 00:22   #19
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
OK, yesterday one of our moderators was accused of using his own personal political beliefs to influence his position as a mod, this is an untruth, I can assure you that whatever political beliefs we may hold are checked at the door when we put on our moderating gloves.

There have been a lot of politically motivated threads of late by certain members and this has to stop. We are an owners club car forum whose primary reason for being is to provide help, assistance, guidance, camaraderie, and friendship amongst members, something we have all clearly seen over the years the membership can do very well

We also have a social sub forum as a place to discuss non car related topics in a diverse and non confrontational or antagonistic manner.

Having said that, we do carry a very important club rule which may or may not have been observed by some, so I will reiterate it here today:

15. There is no room on this forum for sexism, racism or religious bigotry. In addition your political views are yours, and yours alone. Other forums exist for the purpose of debating this topic. You may not use these forums to promote political beliefs or to encourage or persuade others to conform to your views. Criticism or review of Government activities is however permitted, but only if done in a non-abusive and polite manner.

As you will all know, today is election day, and already I have observed some members signatures changing to reflect their political stance and the way they will vote. It has been demonstrated over recent times that political debate on these boards breeds negativity and discord, and quite frankly is switching people off from wanting to enjoy the club.

So from today especially, do not get on your political soap box, do not pin your political colours to your tree in the form of signature links or pictures, and do not start threads aimed at promoting one party over another.

Please use politically based bulletin boards or social media such as twitter or FB for such. If you cannot comply with this request, then don't be surprised to find your content or even your user account moderated.

Thanks all.
This thread is heading off topic so as to reiterate the OP, the post is quoted above.

Thank you all for your input.....

Thread Closed

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 30th May 2014 at 00:30..
Closed Thread