Notices

Old 17th October 2018, 19:11   #51
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Dave, sorry I had missed a digit out, but I then sent you the correct one. I gave you their landline no. Just remembered they could be on holiday in the EU. He is easy to speak with, he is not a toff.
Don't worry about it.

Just tried it now and no answer but did leave a message for him and mentioned your name as well incase they thought I was sales trying too sell them beep.

Not a problem at all.

I'll give'em bell when there back next.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 20:04   #52
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
just left a message now if he rings back or I ring him again in a bit, I'm nervous too be honest I shouldn't be its a just phone call but a phone call that could change my future and life for the better.

Relax Lordy - things usually work out much better when people are not trying hard or are worried and are just being themselves.

I feel very positive about how my life turned out - it's all the result of me going to an interview just for the interview practice before applying for the job in a company where I wanted to work. I turned up late for the "practice interview" and was made an offer that I just couldn't refuse. 32 years later, here's still smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
..............He is easy to speak with, he is not a toff. My BIL went to Eton and was a Captn in the Welsh Guards. Now he does speak like a toff

Your BIL sounds like my kind of person Phil. I am a natural with posh people!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 20:37   #53
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Relax Lordy - things usually work out much better when people are not trying hard or are worried and are just being themselves.

I feel very positive about how my life turned out - it's all the result of me going to an interview just for the interview practice before applying for the job in a company where I wanted to work. I turned up late for the "practice interview" and was made an offer that I just couldn't refuse. 32 years later, here's still smiling.

Your BIL sounds like my kind of person Phil. I am a natural with posh people!
Former Conservative Employment Secretary Norman Tebbit told how his how his father got on his bike to look for a job during the Depression of the 1930s, during a 1981 speech in Blackpool.

In 1982, I went to Birmingham on my bike to go to a jobs fair and found a stand from The Royal Free Hospital in London. I was invited for interview and got the job.

You have to do what ever it takes
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote