Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th April 2019, 11:13   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Angry Pure vandalism !!!!!!

Not the ZT but Just as maddening.

Took dogs out this morning and left our Micra on a busy residential road at 8am.

Came back 45 minutes later to find the passenger door window broken and back paseenger door quarter light also broken.

To make it worse, me and OH are very savvy about leaving anything on show, and there was nothing on show to temp a scumbag (the centre cubby hole was even open showing it was empty).

If they went in the glove box they closed it again, which only contained a few CD's, a dog lead, and poop bags, which were still there.

£90 excess to replace both Windows being done on Wednesday which in the scheme of things isn't to bad I suppose
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 12:02   #2
Raspberrycai
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Merc 190E 1.8, '91 Yamaha SR125

To quote Alan partridge: "scum, subhuman scum"

I'll never understand why people do it.

1991 Mercedes 190E 1.8 (Nico) / 1991 Yamaha SR125 (David)
This vehicle (Nigel) was born Wednesday, 15th September 2004 @ 08:14:39 and was the 103,810th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381 - This vehicle was the 3,096th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744 - This vehicle was the 303rd 75 in Platinum Gold (code: MCN) to be made out of 1,685 Platinum Gold 75s
Raspberrycai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 12:34   #3
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Unbelievable! Were any other cars nearby damaged? Do you often park in that area? Puts one off the human race, although I didn't think scum got up that early!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 14:05   #4
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I know how it feels and it is not nice. I don't see it changing until the culprits are made to bear the full costs of dealing with them ... and I mean the full costs as in to victims, insurance companies, police, courts, prison etc., etc., etc..
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 15:20   #5
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Unbelievable! Were any other cars nearby damaged? Do you often park in that area? Puts one off the human race, although I didn't think scum got up that early!
We do (did), and no other much nicer cars had been touched.

OH said she couldn't believe someone would target an old and (unusally) dirty Nissan micra (its the dog car) with nothing on show on a busy residential road (they had gall I must say).

They went out equipped as well as there is damage where an implement has been jammed into the window channel to break the window damaging the door.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 14th April 2019 at 15:29..
Old 14th April 2019, 15:28   #6
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Robert, this is not comfort to you, but the scumbag behaviours are everywhere and as you know I hate where i live this in part is due to the same levels of attitudes and behaviours. Everything I have parked outside - i expect to get ruined by scratches and dents etc, but nothing glass yet.
Thankfully nobody was injured apart from the wallet.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 16:13   #7
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

if they want it they will take it by whatever means . they have no respect for other peoples property, they dont realise that people have worked hard in life to get what they want, ie car, house etc i just hope that when they grow up that someone does the same to them (but thats my thoughts),and they might realise just how much things cost these days to get repaired and have something to treasure rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 18:29   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

some people will damage a car parked outside their house, just because it is parked outside their house.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 18:40   #9
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 View Post
Robert, this is not comfort to you, but the scumbag behaviours are everywhere and as you know I hate where i live this in part is due to the same levels of attitudes and behaviours. Everything I have parked outside - i expect to get ruined by scratches and dents etc, but nothing glass yet.
Thankfully nobody was injured apart from the wallet.
Thanks for the kind words John, much appreciated.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Old 14th April 2019, 20:28   #10
jim lee
Regular poster

Rover75

Can anybody offer me a sound argument against a public flogging for these animals? If only they can be caught.
jim lee is offline   Reply With Quote