Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th May 2019, 14:02   #1
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Haynes online

Has anyone tried the online version of the Haynes manual?

https://haynes.com/en-gb/rover/75/1999-2006#aplink (scroll down and it's the RH column of green ticks).

Looks like it's £16.99 per year - a bit steep might might be worth it for ease of use 'cos it's searchable.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 15:33   #2
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

í purchased a good quality hardback of flea bay for 9.00 i prefer to sit and read but as you say its cheap for the year if someone prefers it that way rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 15:56   #3
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

It's really the online search facility that I'm after - the index system Haynes use in their printed manuals gets really annoying after a while. And the b&w pics look terrible, whereas they're probably fairly decent online.
Old 17th May 2019, 18:09   #4
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

yeah know what you mean ie replacing a window motor the replacement how to do is on page bla di bla and then removal of the door trim and card is on a totally different page so you have to keep moving from page to page think most car manuals are same really and your right about the black n white photos but it would most likely to be too expensive to produce in colour rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 20:35   #5
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

The £16.99 annual subscriptions spread over a typical ownership period makes the option look rather expensive to me. However, I don't mind reading books at all. In fact I prefer it when I'm doing in practice whatever it is I'm reading about. I think having to keep going online to check the next detail could be frustrating in itself. A £16.99 book on the shelf is for me anyway.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 21:02   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

All you will ever need to know about your 75 or ZT can be found HERE

Completely searchable, and easy to print off the relevant parts you need for the job you're tackling.

It's certainly what I would be using

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 09:11   #7
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
.... your right about the black n white photos but it would most likely to be too expensive to produce in colour rgds mark
It would be so expensive to switch the whole book to full colour it would price it out of the market - I'm sure Haynes have looked into it (or tried it at some point).

The b&w pics could be made to look a lot better if they changed to a different type of paper - but that would price if out of the market too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
The £16.99 annual subscriptions spread over a typical ownership period makes the option look rather expensive to me. However, I don't mind reading books at all. In fact I prefer it when I'm doing in practice whatever it is I'm reading about. I think having to keep going online to check the next detail could be frustrating in itself. A £16.99 book on the shelf is for me anyway.
TC
Yes, it's too expensive to keep the subscription going ad infinitum - I might try it for a year though. Make screengrabs of the relevant pages and print them to take out to the car.

Whenever I'm using Haynes I've always got the PC running anyway - so I can look it up here (the club) at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
All you will ever need to know about your 75 or ZT can be found HERE

Completely searchable, and easy to print off the relevant parts you need for the job you're tackling.

It's certainly what I would be using

Brian

I bought that Brian but I can only get it to run in Acrobat 4 which has a horrible interface (pokey little text in the index **). If it ran on Acrobat Reader DC it would be a completely different kettle of fish.

I think the circuit diagrams in Haynes are slightly better than the ones in RAVE but maybe that's just me being weird.

** Almost forgot the nasty little icons in the Acrobat 4 toolbar - need a microscope to see what they are. Reader DC's are about 10x the size.

Last edited by Blink; 18th May 2019 at 09:36..